• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Time for an MPG update

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
09 H3T 3.7L
16 MPG everywhere
285's

That's with the PCM E-fan kit and tune and a whole lot more things to kill my MPG!!!!!!!
 
Last edited:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Messages
2,525
Location
Finger Lakes, NY
Just filled up the other day and calculated MPG. All short drives, lots of stop and go. Also the 2 mile drive to work and 2 mile drive home kills gas mileage.

264.7 miles x 1.03691 (difference in tire size) = 274.47 actual miles / 20.7 gallons = 13.25 MPG

08 H3 w/ a 3.7L & AT and 33x12.50 mud tires
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
My mileage hasn't been the best I need to get my pcm tune to get some back

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

Archngel

Active Member
Messages
31
Location
Repentigny
On my trip to South Bend IN in May from Montreal to South Bend my Alpha averaged 23.53 mpg (10L/100km) on cruise control at 68mph. (110kmh) I was very pleased, since my 2 previous H3's (06-09) I5 MT, I was averaging 19.60 mpg (12L/100)

Right now im running stock 285-75/16, with OEM UCP and rocker protector.
 

2007HummerH2

Well-Known Member
Messages
317
Location
Maine
I have been checking my mileage....just got an alignment, it was out from the factory, and installed a K&N drop in filter. Doing about 16.5mpg right now. I'll check it again on the next fill up. 09' Alpha
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,673
Location
Scottsdale
I had a trip this month where I did 80-85 for nearly an entire tank on winding, moderately hilly two lane road. Averaged 13 mpg, down about 3 mpg when I take similar roads at 65.
 
F

Former User

Guest
2008 Alpha 33.1x12.3/16 BFG km2's with h3t steel wheels. I think when i switched to the steel wheels i lost a little mpg, could be wrong. Superchips flashpaq set on 88 octane tune, magnaflow exhaust.

Average City- 16-17
Average Freeway- 18-19

It always varies due to # of times i start the car, idling time, etc. Those #'s i can get pretty consistantly though, can't wait to see how the gobi stealth effects those numbers. :giggle:
 

FormerUser

Well-Known Member
Messages
179
Last tank was 267.3 miles, all city driving. 14.1428571mpg. Kinda crummy, but at the same time it took me three weeks to log 267 miles.
 

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed
Messages
2,315
Location
Minnesota
Yesterday I put away the toys and today I started using my H3 as a daily driver again. I'll report back in a week or so.
 

WarMongur

Well-Known Member
Messages
264
Location
Ladera Ranch, CA
Mine is a daily driver, so this is city miles with the following components:

2007 I5, Front Level, 35's, OEM light bar, OEM roof rails, PCM tune, AirDoc, K&N filter, 87 octain fuel, and I drive it like a BMW .... a whopping 11 MPG average.
 

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed
Messages
2,315
Location
Minnesota
According to my SGII I've been averaging 13.5 per day... We'll see when I do that math at the end of this tank.
 

LagunaH1

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,730
Location
Idaho
Every time I get around to calculating MPG's space aliens abduct me and erase that part of my memory. They tell me they are my friends. I think they might be right.
 

Hunner

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,334
Location
Arkansas
I got 15.7 with a 40-50 mph tail wind as indicated on the digital display on the side of the road.:shifty:
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,673
Location
Scottsdale
Every time I get around to calculating MPG's space aliens abduct me and erase that part of my memory. They tell me they are my friends. I think they might be right.
I still think it is that giant electromagnetic sterilizer you have on your roof that is doing it. :)
 
Top