• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What's this bolt?

2007HummerH2

Just going through my H3 about a week ago and I noticed this bolt. It was sitting on top of the passenger's side frame behind the front tire. It was caught in the lines that run on top of the frame.
I'm not sure if it has been there since it left the factory, or it fell out of something. I looked all over the engine bay compartment on the passenger's side, and couldn't find anything that needed this bolt.

The only thing I thought of is: I have had a small rattle/vibration that you can hear at certain rpms. Mostly when the vehicle is in drive or reverse. Goes away when actually driving down the road. This noise comes from the passenger's side floorboard, where the plastic housing comes through the firewall, for the heater core. I opened the hood and looked at the line for the heater core and it seems to be hitting the plastic housing on the left side....it's off center of the housing. Does this bolt belong to this? Maybe to hold the line in place?

Attachments

• DSC00363.jpg
    DSC00363.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 194

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Which is useless on my H3 as I don't think I could hit 88 mph, at least not by the end of the mall parking lot