• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Who has 2 thumbs and needs battery thermals??

IndyHummers

Well-Known Member
Messages
276
Location
Murfreesboro, TN
This guy!!!!

Walked out to the Hummer this morning to head to work and go to start it up, flick the ignition and it doesn't turn over immediately. Hmmm that's odd, try it again, nothing. Well, this sucks. Normally I would freak out and get pi$$ed but thanks to the h4o mafia, I popped the hood and calmly wiggled my terminals (ha that's dirty) anyway, the negative is really loose. So after being very lucky for 86,657 miles it's now time to buy some terminals. No problem, I'm glad I finally have an excuse.

Can anyone give me a guide on how to install a distribution block? I've got the winch, siren, and speaker and eventually lights do I might as well do that while I'm at it, just need some help.

Thanks again guys! As always, you all are a wealth of knowledge that is very helpful!
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,670
Location
Scottsdale
Brodie is overseas for a year; store is closed at the moment.

Distribution block is easy. Run one wire from battery to positive terminal on block, one wire to ground. Each of your accessories can have their own power, ground and fuse. I got this one, which Hunner also recommends. :link: I attached this to the firewall and used the ground point on the fender right near the battery.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
I had the same issue when it came to the terminals. Never had a dead battery, but had to wiggle the terminals. The Tsunami's are really good and havent had issues with them.
 

JGBB04

Well-Known Member
Messages
520
Location
Tampa Bay
If your trying to find them locally I'd try the car stereo shops. The blue sea boxes you can find at any of the boat stores. Also if you need any help I'm usually free m-w
 
Last edited:

sinstr

Well-Known Member
Messages
196
Location
south fla
Drew
I have a spare set from Brodie. If you can wait a day or so i will toss them in the mail for ya.
 
Top