• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Winch Line Thimble Time

sinstr

Well-Known Member
Messages
196
Location
south fla
So I decided to add a safety thimble to my synthetic winch line. Not sure what flavor to get. Has anybody added one? Currently I removed my "hook" from the synthetic line, and just keep a shackle on it. I have 2 options, use a viking thimble and follow the directions splicing the existing line, or using the Factor55 thimble which costs more but does not require me splicing anything. I like the "red" of the factor55.


http://www.vikingoffroad.com/produc...}16"-%2d3{47}8"-Ropes-%2d-Anodized-Black.html

or


http://www.factor55.com/
 

Major Tom

Well-Known Member
Messages
95
Location
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
imagesCA0DSBS2.jpgimagesCANDU18L.jpgthis is what came on my Amsteel blue line, it is metal and seems towork fine
 

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
I have the Viking thimble, but I like the looks of the Factor 55. I like the wider bottom and rubber base on the factor 55.

I'd go with the natural bare aluminum color so when it gets scratched up it doesn't so as bad.

Do you need to worry about someone removing the snap ring and steeling the thimble?
 
Top