• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Wolo BB horn...10A fuse OK?

S

SedonaBound

Guest
Has anyone with a Wolo Bad Boy horn had a problem blowing the 10A fuse in the factory horn wiring? The Wolo instruction say just plug it in, but the diagram shows a 20A fuse. Also, did you try connecting the OEM horn in series?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Had a similar horn with the canister compressor. I had to put a relay in to avoid putting in a higher rated fuse. I left the stock horn off. This way before I put in the air horn I have now.
 
S

SedonaBound

Guest
Had a similar horn with the canister compressor. I had to put a relay in to avoid putting in a higher rated fuse. I left the stock horn off. This way before I put in the air horn I have now.
I'd run a relay.
I'm not clear on this because the OEM horn is already on a relay. Did you add a second relay on the horn connection with a new 20A fused wire from the battery?
 

Pappibri

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,611
Location
Cohoctah, MI
I will ask a couple of the member that I know who has the Wolo on their rigs.. I will see what they did and post it...
 

GoBlueHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
95
Location
Michigan
I just put one on last weekend spliced into horn wires. Both horns are energized and it immediately blew the 10 amp so I replaced it with a 20, all good. Pretty sure thats the same thign Mutaint did as well.
 
S

SedonaBound

Guest
I just put one on last weekend spliced into horn wires. Both horns are energized and it immediately blew the 10 amp so I replaced it with a 20, all good. Pretty sure thats the same thign Mutaint did as well.
So you left the OEM horn on the circuit and both horns are now on the 20A fuse? Have you given it a few really long blasts? Did the wires get hot?

I was hoping the diagram was generic for all their products and the specific horn current was lower. I called Wolo and they advised that I just change the fuse to 20A. I haven't decided whether I'll do it that way. I'm going check the installed wire's gauge & length first.
 

GoBlueHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
95
Location
Michigan
Yes the OEM is on the circuit as well. No I haven't tested it for any longer than I would normally blow the horn, 5-6 seconds.
 
S

SedonaBound

Guest
I hooked it up on the existing wires and changed to a 20A fuse. Thanks to all for the advice. Disconnected the original; it didn't sound any better with the new horn than before. Hardest part was taking the cow catcher off; the tow shackles prevent putting a socket on the bolts so its 1/2 turn at a time and they're looong bolts.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

GoBlueHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
95
Location
Michigan
I don't think it makes much difference having the OE horn on as well. It's fairly close in tone to one of the Wolo tones it off later. Maybe swap it out with the horn on my wifes car whcih is deafening. :shifty:
 
Top