• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Led bars!!!!!

Ron46

Capt.
Messages
807
Location
NJ
My led bar reachs way farther then my piaas, here is a video of the led bar, keep in mind the video does not do justice for the led bar

[video=youtube;nNCksMRKNUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCksMRKNUs&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]
 

ajk150

Well-Known Member
Messages
196
Location
Haverford, PA
Jeez Ron we are practically sponsoring this guys company lol. Anyway I've already bought a 40" light bar for my truck from the same guy and once that comes in I'll install it and post up how it works. I know its not a hummer, but it'll work just the same... if not better :mock:. But in all seriousness the 40 is a great buy, wish I could have fit the 50. If only this guy would create some u-cradles for his bars he could've taken more of my money!
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Is it possible for you to show us how you mounted the Bar inside the grille like that? Where did you drill and how did you mount it? What did you have to remove to get access to that area?
 

hockeymanam

Well-Known Member
Messages
213
Location
charlotte
I have a 20 inch bar mounted in the same place and since the mounts can be adjusted it makes it quite simple. mine is mounted to the top of the steel bumper and there was two open holes in the top so a couple of lock washers extended bolts and nuts and its that easy!! the hardest part it tearing the front of the H3 off with out breaking those damn plastic clips everywhere. Mine is a ddm led bar but externally led are the same
 

Attachments

  • 148112_3987437606680_222221960_n.jpg
    148112_3987437606680_222221960_n.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:

Ron46

Capt.
Messages
807
Location
NJ
I removed the fog lights and had to mount it thru the side of the metal. The 30" fits with less then 1/2 on each side, I used the existing mounts and cut them up to make the bar from spinning, and then used washers to secure it and make sure it was tight. The only thing with mounting the 30" how I did is that there is little room to work on the sides inside the bumper. 20130215_190823.jpg
 

ajk150

Well-Known Member
Messages
196
Location
Haverford, PA
So my 40" just arrived tonight from OLB (the company is discussion). Also opted for the wiring harness. The switch it comes with looks pretty junky, but that can be replaced. So pumped to get it installed, just need a nice warm day!

IMAG0107_zpsf1ac8b7a.jpg

IMAG0108_zps3942f4ba.jpg
 

Ron46

Capt.
Messages
807
Location
NJ
Nice! I can't wait to see it installed! :corn: , and amrg you mean the front bumper?
 

Ron46

Capt.
Messages
807
Location
NJ
you remove the shackels and the front skid, and then on the inside of the fender there are two bolts on each side.

here is a pic of the 20" on an h2 (click to enlarge)
h2.jpg
 

Fish

Well-Known Member
Messages
871
Location
San Diego, CA
I was originially thinking of putting the 30" on my brush guard but it wont fit by about an inch..now you have me thinking of putting the 20" on like in the pic of the H2...I remember Tim did that awhile ago on his H2 and I always liked it there..maybe the 20" in front and some dually's on the roof rack.
 

Ron46

Capt.
Messages
807
Location
NJ
Yeah I really like the look of the 20" in the pic like that on the h2. Let me know if you want one!
 

Ron46

Capt.
Messages
807
Location
NJ
here is another pic with a 20" on an h2 h222.jpg I thought more people would be interested in the led bars lol.394589_10200582356858493_1885053048_n.jpg
 

Kyle

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,707
Location
Santa Clarita, CA
Can you find out whose LEDs there using and what drivers there using too? I might be interested in getting a 20" light bar, just want to know some tech specs! thanks!
 

Ron46

Capt.
Messages
807
Location
NJ
the 20, 30, & 50 are cree leds, and the other ones are epistar, but in a couple weeks all the bars are going to be cree, and I have no clue on the drivers I have to call him and ask.
 

Kyle

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,707
Location
Santa Clarita, CA
the 20, 30, & 50 are cree leds, and the other ones are epistar, but in a couple weeks all the bars are going to be cree, and I have no clue on the drivers I have to call him and ask.

Great! i was hoping they were cree! and if you could find out about the drivers too that would be great!! leds are worthless without a good driver!
 

Ron46

Capt.
Messages
807
Location
NJ
there is a sale right now on 40" "tax sale" let me know if anyone is interested
 
Last edited:

Ron46

Capt.
Messages
807
Location
NJ
Yeah I can still get them, the owner is away on his honeymoon for a couple days, but when he gets back he will ship them right out. The link that you posted are single row and not as bright as the ones I can get. The ones I can get are dual row cree leds and the 40" bar is 20000 lumens. The one on your link is only 9600 lumens. My 30" bar is 15000 lumens.
 
Top