• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

1986

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
yKSL2.jpg
 

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
Thanks. I'm all depressed now.
I remember the days when I bought 100 Octane fuel from my local airport FBO to put in my 70 Trans AM. It was about $1.00/Gallon then.
I think the good stuff, High Octane gas at the pump was $.66/Gallon.
Damn Dennis! How far back was those prices?! Did they have cars then? :) Sorry Man... I saw an opening and took my shot. :giggle:
 
D

Dennis

Guest
.
Damn Dennis! How far back was those prices?! Did they have cars then? :) Sorry Man... I saw an opening and took my shot. :giggle:

No worries, it's all good..:)...I'm not that old, but I do remember my Dad bitchin' because regular gas was .24 cents and the station arcross the street was .22 cents..ah the memories of gas wars...this was late 50's early 60's and there was no such thing as UN-leaded gas..!..Sunoco 260 baby, was like Av-gas..Something like a 100+ octane..
 

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
Don't tell anyone but I also remember the 60's. I was small, but I do remember.
I also remember the no lead law. The pumps had both leaded and non-leaded. The non-leaded nozzle had a smaller OD. The car manufactures built the gas tube hole smaller so the bigger OD gas nozzle couldn't fit. There was a big warning lable on the pump saying how illegal it was to use leaded gas. I didn't care! I had to make a bigger hole, get rid of the catalytic converter, and replace it with a "test pipe". It ran much better! Ah, the old days.... :)
 
Top