• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Anyone else have windshield creaking and popping at freeway speeds?

S

SedonaBound

Guest
I get an irritating popping sound from the windshield area at 60+ speeds. Its hard to pin down to an exact point. I suspect it's from body flexing or wind pressure working the rigid glass against its seating. There are no leaks. I was wondering if this is unique, and if not, does reseating the glass fix it?
 

MSC

Well-Known Member
Messages
75
Location
Montgomery, TX
Check your exterior "A" pillar trims, the clips were broken on mine and did the same. I'll get back with the brand of fastener I used to repair
 

MSC

Well-Known Member
Messages
75
Location
Montgomery, TX
100_3431.jpg

This what I used to attach my trim, remove broken tabs, clean trim and "A" pillars, cut small pieces and stick where tabs were on the trim and tab clips are on "A" pillars, that will hold them better than factory. I purchased from Walmart near home paint dept., pick up extra you will use it for other things.
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
I need to do this...at highway speeds my a-pillar sounds like a giant pissed-off bumble bee. :roll:

>Sent from my Secret Phone Shoe using Tapatalk<
 

is350

Well-Known Member
Messages
202
Location
fallbrook, Ca
or you could get a big thick bead of silicone under the A pillar molding... that worked for me two times (i fixed it, then had the windshield replaced by safelight who didn't do it right the first time and had to do it again) :wink:
 

Pappibri

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,611
Location
Cohoctah, MI
That sounds like a good fix. one of my lights on top was a little loose and was vibrating up top, was making quite the racket.. I am going to try that on my pillar also. My passenger side one is looser and I have that same noise..
 
Top