• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Anyone have a lead on a H1 (HMC4)

adventr

It's been stressful lately. Had a deal on a super nice black HMC4, it sold. Then today I get a text that the dude's financing fell through and it was back up for grabs. I scrambled around, came up with the funds and was about to purchase an airplane ticket to Alabama, and he stops responding to my texts. 30min later I get another text that it sold (again).

There's the Red '93 that's pretty local to me, but it's pretty rough. Guy has called me back twice now dropping the price each time. It's down to $25k. Only thing keeping me from purchasing it, is that the HVAC stuff looks to have been removed from the dash. I gotta have heat.... LOL

So with that said, I was prepared to pay $35,500 cash to the guy in Alabama. Anyone have a lead or know someone who *might* sell their HMC4? I really prefer that body style over any other. A wagon would be OK, and I just can't do an Open Top at all.
Guy in Boulder has 3x HMC4s, one being a mint condition '99 but it's just too much for me to spend. The other is a '93 with low miles, but it's a little much in my opinion. His last one is a "project" and could be had for just under $20k, BUT it came from Hawaii and has "major rust."

If you know of anything, do tell!! :thumbs:

adventr

That green hmc4 just might be a winner. Thanks!

But that green wagon has lots of goodies and the updated a/c it appears... Hmmm

Last edited:

Panzer07

Should note That the green one in Cali it is listed at a gas truck...now the green one in IL seems pretty legit and is diesel.

Torres

adventr

What is your budget? Desired options/colors?

Realistic budget around 40k. Ideally, I'd find a black or silver hmc4.
Not too picky on color or options though. Doesn't have to be in showroom condition either. It will be a vehicle that gets used, not shoved in a garage somewhere. Lol

Ideally it would have the 12 bolt wheels, rather than aluminum wheels, but that can be changed easy enough.

adventr

Thinking I may at least give the local red hmc4 a test drive soon and do some exploring under the dash to see what all is actually missing from the HVAC stuff.
If I could get it for 21-22k, that's only half of my budget. Would leave me with quite a bit of cash for maintenance and mods.

Only thing that scares me is not being able to find any of those HVAC parts!

2007HummerH2

We have a 1995 GM 350 Gas Wagon Model for sale.
Has 10,802 original miles. It needs front brake line, tranny lines, and muffler/tailpipe. Original owner used it for two winters, that's why it needs the lines. Underneath body it's in good shape. Just very minor surface rust that is easily fixed.
It's a nice rig, we just don't have the time to fix it up and use as a grocery getter.
Here's the linK:
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/5352127089.html

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't know that truck. No winch, CTIS doesn't appear to be hooked up and not sure if the AT s are rated for the H1. They could be but I haven't looked it up. Ad says 127K on the engine. Wonder how many miles on the truck?

adventr

We have a 1995 GM 350 Gas Wagon Model for sale.
Has 10,802 original miles. It needs front brake line, tranny lines, and muffler/tailpipe. Original owner used it for two winters, that's why it needs the lines. Underneath body it's in good shape. Just very minor surface rust that is easily fixed.
It's a nice rig, we just don't have the time to fix it up and use as a grocery getter.
Here's the linK:
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/5352127089.html

How much are you asking for the wagon?

Thanks

adventr

Been in contact with them. Apparently its a consignment deal, but the owner has the factory wheels. Here are some other shots the guy has text me with:

I noticed the leaking brake caliper. Underside looks decent overall though.

Anyone see any obvious issues?

And what's a decent price for a rig like that? Was thinking about offering 40k and they swap those hideous wheels out for the stockers?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Remember that 96-2000 TD engines were susceptible to the #8 cylinder issue. Check to see if the motor has been replaced.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member

adventr

97.5 isn't bad. Upgraded AC. No winch. Looks clean.

So that one appears to be a really old listing or a scam. I call the number, always a busy signal. Did a bunch of searching and saw where the exact same listing was used on ebay back in 2014...

Remember that 96-2000 TD engines were susceptible to the #8 cylinder issue. Check to see if the motor has been replaced.

Good info. I'll be sure and check. Thanks!

Wheels and tires have to go. The slantback shell, used, would sell for 2-2500.00

I agree. Those wheels are horrible. I made an offer on it with them keeping the bling bling wheels and ditching the slant back shell. We'll see what happens...

Panzer07

Here's and idea lol if you can find an hmc4
b8edef2c0482187575d05df50494cc19.jpg

Torres