• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3T Back with ThorParts/Predator/X20 Comp Series Install

H3TBone

Well-Known Member
Messages
168
Location
El Paso, TX
Howdy all,

I was out of the game for a while working on other things like a new house, new wife, new job, and other things. Many of you know me, but a brief run down of my H3T including unreported mods:

2009 H3T Alpha Adventure, Air Doc, AFE Pro Dry filter, straight exhaust, Superchips, fully-loaded toolbox, rear sway bar delete, Warrior shackles, Trailduty skids, Hunner Hanger skids, Rocky Road Sliders, UCP, Poison Spider diff protection, Optima Yellow Top, Cobra CB, and 35x12.5 Super Swamper LTBs for offroading. Some odds and ends excluded. I like chrome with my black. Lots of trail scars. Three front diffs, two transmissions, three transfer cases, and a partridge in a pair tree.

Below are some pics of my truck as it was a week ago, and then progressive addition of the Thor Parts bumper with light pods, Predator S&R bg, and Smittybilt X2O 10,000 lbs Comp Series winch. I hope I made a good choice on the winch as it has amazing specs on paper including being fully environmentally sealed, syn line, Hawse fairlead, and low drive ratio. It also has a low profile that allowed it to fit completely under the grill with controller. The full install was relatively painless except for a fragile ground wire to the control box of the winch. Enjoy.

2011-07-03_16-00-51_792.jpg


2012-03-28_15-25-32_342.jpg


2012-03-28_15-25-38_825.jpg


2012-03-28_15-51-00_85.jpg


2012-03-28_15-51-09_474.jpg


2012-03-28_15-51-31_720.jpg


2012-03-30_08-11-19_842.jpg


2012-03-30_08-11-33_847.jpg


2012-03-30_08-11-45_588.jpg


2012-03-30_08-11-52_436.jpg
 

H3TBone

Well-Known Member
Messages
168
Location
El Paso, TX
Thanks everybody. Ready for Moab now :) I only had a couple of these things in the first trip.

I'm still contemplating how to lift a few inches and can't commit... The UCP issue with Rancho keeps me from moving forward, and coil-overs in the front is likely too drastic and expensive. That and one more mod and I'm done...
 

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Messages
2,525
Location
Finger Lakes, NY
Thanks everybody. Ready for Moab now :) I only had a couple of these things in the first trip.

I'm still contemplating how to lift a few inches and can't commit... The UCP issue with Rancho keeps me from moving forward, and coil-overs in the front is likely too drastic and expensive. That and one more mod and I'm done...

UCP is no problem with the Rancho. Check out Geno's H3T.
 

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Messages
3,518
Location
Black Hawk, SD
Thanks everybody. Ready for Moab now :) I only had a couple of these things in the first trip.

I'm still contemplating how to lift a few inches and can't commit... The UCP issue with Rancho keeps me from moving forward, and coil-overs in the front is likely too drastic and expensive. That and one more mod and I'm done...

Ill bet you that you won't be done with only a few mods left:)
 

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
Messages
765
Location
Colorado
That front end looks pi$$sed off now!!!! That'll make someone thinnk twice about pulling out in front of you. :wink:
 

H3TBone

Well-Known Member
Messages
168
Location
El Paso, TX
I did make a joke about it being ready to run over homeless people, but I found it in bad taste and have since retracted.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Thanks everybody. Ready for Moab now :) I only had a couple of these things in the first trip.

I'm still contemplating how to lift a few inches and can't commit... The UCP issue with Rancho keeps me from moving forward, and coil-overs in the front is likely too drastic and expensive. That and one more mod and I'm done...

Check out my rancho UCP thread...strengthens the reenforcement bars and adds protection to the trans. If you can't fab that on your own a fab shop can do it easy...remember the stitches is an optional upgrade its not mandatory :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 
Top