• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Ball joint fix for you Dana 44 SAS H3s

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Looks like American Iron off-road is starting to work on old school Dana 44 ball joint eliminators.

I am not a fan of balljoints to begin with. I much prefer kingpins but I have always felt the old school dana 44 balljoint options were never great and I would wear through them regularly.

Figured I’d share for anyone wanting to upgrade. Not sure when they will be available yet. I know it says ford but Chevy and ford old school 44s use the same balljoint.

4825C83E-EB19-421B-B6DC-D46BECC6789F.png

34457637-E0C8-46D8-B156-4ADBA109CE44.png

Jeepwalker

Curious what size tires have you been running, and what ball joints have you been wearing out?

I'm surprised the ball joints in my 87 XJ have held up ...and using a snow plow since the early 00's (and not a light one). Still tight as new.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
GM Dana 44 too I hope, or are they interchangeable?
They are.
Curious what size tires have you been running, and what ball joints have you been wearing out?

I'm surprised the ball joints in my 87 XJ have held up ...and using a snow plow since the early 00's (and not a light one). Still tight as new.
I tried spicer, Moog, and I think Mevotech. It was years ago so I’m going off memory.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
This is great news! yea ive gone through a few sets myself of Dana/spicer ones. Not sure if the alignment shims or sleeves make them wear out faster or not, however it is annoying.