• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Defense Mine-Panamints CA

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,833
Location
Bellflower, CA
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430252638.577554.jpg
That is awesome. I want one. I get sheet all the time from guys at work.
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,833
Location
Bellflower, CA
I gave you several opportunities to put a badge on your truck that indicates it is trail rated. Scratches and dents work well!
That you did. You did prove that when all else fails, floor it. There were that "oh sh!t, did he just do that" moments.
 

poncho1965

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,263
Location
Ridgecrest, California
Short trip report: It's an awesome trail, rough as you want and maybe rougher than you want. H2's might be size challenged. Couple squeeze sections. You can bypass some sections. Cummins cutoff? I tried it and I can't overcome lack of ground clearance. You see these sections on YouTube vids. Woody broke a front axle u-joint. Overall a good day, met up at 7:30 am and I just got home at 8:30.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Did disconnecting help? May be tough to tell on a trail you never ran because you have no comparison of running that trail connected
 

poncho1965

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,263
Location
Ridgecrest, California
I had a tough time deciding if it helped. I'll try it on future runs as well. I got strapped once at cummins cutoff then decided to by pass. It just got rougher from there.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
The oem droop stop prevents you from over extending a CV for what it's worth I blew a CV connected, never did disconnected
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
right below the upper control arm, its on the side that is closer to the front, it will prevent the OEM shaft from overextending. I ran A1 cardones disconnected no issue, the only shaft I know of that is shorter then OEM and the droop stop theory doesnt apply is EMPI but OEM and A1 cardones the droop stop will work as intended.
 
Top