• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Engine starts, but stalls when I put it in gear and the wipers swoosh once.

cloach65

Probationary Member
I seen this post in a past thread from 2021 and was wondering if anyone found a solution. I have had my h3 for 3 years now, the first year and a half were great, but these past 18 months have been every issue possible. Thanks to this forum I have been able to troubleshoot, but this one has me stumped!

Doc Olds

Welcome.

How about giving us a link back to the "past thread from 2021" so we know more specifically what you are referring to.

BTW, do you have a Sunroof and if so, has you passenger side floor been wet?

Jeepwalker

I'm gonna guess (because there is not much to go on) dirty throttle body, maf, battery terminal corroded or loose.y lik

Very possible. Good list. Also, on mine, the original owner had the air snorkel boot folded under ...beneath the clamp at the throttle body. Meaning a little fresh air was slipping through that gap and throwing off the MAP sensor reading. In other words it was goofing up the air/fuel ratio. It's easy to do on these.

A couple other things to check are:

Air filter plugged?
Spark Plug integrity
Ohm out Coil packs
PCV (& hoses/vacuum hoses)
Ensure no codes present.
What is the compression? These I-5's are known to burn valves? Esp the center cylinders. My 3.7 is low on compression in one cylinder.