• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Gimmick or not?

SuperBuickGuy

Okay, let's play a game.... gimmick or not - ever seen a mod that you thought "dumb" but then reconsidered and thought "does that really work?"... well here is the place to play and ask those questions.

so let's start with an example
99b5cd4f3ffa5385a99d675831f1d16e.jpg

see the window in the passenger floorboard? gimmick or not?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the passenger floor board window is in a center steer vehicle the driver could look through it to see what is going on at the passenger front tires, at least in some instances.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I personally think 8 tires is unnecessary, just get some balloon tires like they run in Iceland. Seems to work pretty well for them over there.

SuperBuickGuy

I personally think 8 tires is unnecessary, just get some balloon tires like they run in Iceland. Seems to work pretty well for them over there.

this gives you the width without the weight from a taller tire - I'm not sure I agree with the idea, nor do I think it really is any better the simply a set of snow-tracks.... however, it does work and there are some who would consider any dispute fighting words (lol).

JPaul

Just add a little windshield wiper from a rear car hatch or something, along with a windshield cleaner fluid spray nozzle/tube/pump.

JPaul

I've thought it'd be nice to have a video camera system for spotting, though they have those birds eye setups now that seem decent.