• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Girl Hummer owner from Las Vegas, NV

Messages
5
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Hi all,

I have an H3 and recently moved to Vegas. I saw a lot of Hummers around town, more than in California where I'm from. Are there any Hummer clubs in town or is anyone on the forum from here? Looking for new friends and info on good mechanic shops.
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,530
Location
Central Texas
Welcome to H4O. There are members here from Vegas. Tom Cepek with GT Wheels there in Vegas is a great source or local mechanical help.
 
Messages
5
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Thank you for the lead! The car is a little over 100k miles so I know I need to do it a general tune up.

What would be a GREAT service by the way is if you could just pay to get the car totally inspected, without looking for any problem in particular. Like, the state of every piece of the car. Instead of waiting until something breaks or until the miles come up.

Welcome to H4O. There are members here from Vegas. Tom Cepek with GT Wheels there in Vegas is a great source or local mechanical help.
 

08RedRocker

Member
Messages
9
Location
Vermont
Welcome to H40 from the Green Mountain State :cheers: In Vermont you don't see many Hummers driving around anymore but there are lots of girls driving tricked out 4X4's and drinking Budweiser.
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,530
Location
Central Texas
Probably more female H3 owners than you think. I know quite a few including some that wheel pretty hard. Many just enjoy their ride but whatever you use your Hummer for I think you will enjoy the uniqueness of your vehicle.
 
Messages
5
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Thank you all!!
I'll contribute to the forum and post pictures!
My next two goals for my Hummer are:
1. Do a complete upgrade of all worn out and near-worn out parts now that it's hit 100k, and
2. Make it unique like add a wrap or make it into a zombie car or something (watch out)
 

abearden

Well-Known Member
Messages
609
Location
N. Idaho
What would be a GREAT service by the way is if you could just pay to get the car totally inspected, without looking for any problem in particular. Like, the state of every piece of the car. Instead of waiting until something breaks or until the miles come up.
Every mechanic I know offers this. Just tell them you want a vehicle inspection the same as you'd get when thinking of buying a car. Usually runs around $100-200 depending on the area.
 

skeptic

Well-Known Member
Messages
737
Location
Orygun
Every mechanic I know offers this. Just tell them you want a vehicle inspection the same as you'd get when thinking of buying a car. Usually runs around $100-200 depending on the area.
Exactly. Just make sure you tell them you want a used car inspection or whatever that shop calls it. Much more detailed than a standard "look for problems" inspection. If the shop is a good one in addition to typical issues they will get down to things like testing all the power windows and locks, wiper squirters, condition of the spare tire, condition of the brake pads, front end parts that are showing wear, etc.
 
Top