• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H2 Bounce

n0useforaname

Well-Known Member
Messages
112
Location
PA
Question... has anyone here with an H2 experienced a "bounce"? Not a really fast rapid one.. but it feels like the road is wavy.. tends to get better at 50 or higher and I've already done the following: Replaced the wheels/tires, had it aligned and the front end checked, and it's not the driveshaft, because it does it coasting in neutral. Thoughts? And the other day I was towing my trailer and it was fine.. then I loaded the trailer with a 700 pound stoker stove over the axle and it felt like my steering wheel was vibrating horribly. Not sure if they are related, but I'm just trying to figure out what is going on.
 

BlueSteeleHorse07

Well-Known Member
Messages
163
Location
Central Texas
Sorry......hadn't experienced that, I hope I don't...but let us know what the cause was if you happen to find it...possible wheel bearings??..just a WAG!

Dan
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,672
Location
Scottsdale
There's much that can wear out in the front end, from shocks to idler/pitman to ball joints to control arm bushings, etc. I've seen shops align with worn out parts and then the alignment is instantly off once you leave due to the play in the front suspension. You might want a second opinion on that front end. I've had the "bounce" from bad shocks since those are designed to control that up/down motion.

By the way,the driveshaft still turns when in neutral; it's connected to the rolling wheels, but disconnected from the engine. However, I don't think that would be a "wavy" feel but more of a rough vibration.
 

Big2dabank

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Central Florida
Do you have any of the bump stops torn in the front, I shredded one a while back and it was really bouncy side to side.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

Fish

Well-Known Member
Messages
871
Location
San Diego, CA
Up n down bounce I would check shocks and bump stops. You mentioned wavy feel so a sideways feel could be a lot, idler, pitman, wheel bearings...that's where I would start.
 
Top