• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H2 Full Throtle lift questions

SGT-Wright

How strong is a 6" full throtle lift on a H2? Will it hold up to moderate wheeling, or is it just a street mod?

C5C60E04-1811-4B0F-849F-4B056D75E15F_9.jpg

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
There was someone on another site with a 6" Full Throttle lift that wheeled his H2 but that's the only one I have ever saw that wasn't a mall crawler. There designed for show and not offroad in mind.

Sent using Tapatalk

[__--MUD--__]

I've never heard of seen anyone offroading w/ one of those lifts, everything has been street queens.... But I'm sure, if someone did offroad w/ it and something broke it would be all over the forums. I wouldn't worry about it. You have a better chance of snapping a tie rod or some other weak component before that lift.

It looks like its been on there for a while, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to go though everythign and make sure its still torqued down to spec.

SGT-Wright

I think the whole underside was sprayed with that black coating, even the axles and rear diff cover. It has 40" Tires also. I was wondering if 6" was too much for the transfer case u-joints. I saw this rig listed localy for a good price with 64000 miles on it.

[__--MUD--__]

Is this the black truck w/ those ****ing bullet (like 2") offroad lights on the rack (I'm sorry, those look gay as hell on that rig), suede interior, and claims they spent $3500 having jeep fender flares custom molded to the truck?

If so- Thats a 9.5" lift. The truck looks bad ass, except for those lights. Its been for sale for a while.

05Mudiak

I can't speak specifically on the H2 lifts but I know guys with FTS lifts on full size p-ups and beat the hell out of them off road and never had any issues other than stupidity induced issues. but yes most FTS lift you see on the street are because the make huge lifts way bigger than 6" and those trucks usually never see off road for multiple reasons usually just because of the costs of going that big.

05Mudiak

How strong is a 6" full throtle lift on a H2? Will it hold up to moderate wheeling, or is it just a street mod?

C5C60E04-1811-4B0F-849F-4B056D75E15F_9.jpg

[__--MUD--__];59985 said:
Is this the black truck w/ those ****ing bullet (like 2") offroad lights on the rack (I'm sorry, those look gay as hell on that rig), suede interior, and claims they spent $3500 having jeep fender flares custom molded to the truck?

If so- Thats a 9.5" lift. The truck looks bad ass, except for those lights. Its been for sale for a while.

yup I was going to say the samething that looks a lot bigger than a 6"

[__--MUD--__]

Nope, thats not the one I was thinking...Almost the exact same mileage. I still think thats more than 6" lift though.

Check out this one, It has more aftermarket **** on it. No idea how close the asking price is to this other one you found. I'd jew'em down another 4 grand.

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/2003_Hummer_H2_154153904_1

I have no connection to this person. I just do weekly searches on all the hummer **** for sale nation wide.

seventwozero

[__--MUD--__];59998 said:
Nope, thats not the one I was thinking...Almost the exact same mileage. I still think thats more than 6" lift though.

Check out this one, It has more aftermarket **** on it. No idea how close the asking price is to this other one you found. I'd jew'em down another 4 grand.

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/2003_Hummer_H2_154153904_1

I have no connection to this person. I just do weekly searches on all the hummer **** for sale nation wide.

I have no input on the FTS lift, sorry (for thread jacking!).

The H2 in the link looks ridiculous. Those tiny lights, sure.. but those fenders! What in the world was that owner thinking?!