• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 2" Extended Shackles

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
You heard right, in my quest to offer everything you could possibly need for the H3 Off-Road parts-wise, I now have H3 Hummer Extended shackles. Prices are $50 + Shipping for the set not powder-coated, or $65 + Shipping for a set powder-coated black. Sound good to you guys?

shackles.jpg

Order them at http://schwarttzy.com/shop/h3-2-extended-shackles/
:cheers:

Last edited:

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Alright first thing first, I need to apologize to "Samco Fabrication" because I handed off their product to my laser guy and got literally the same part, and I'm truly sorry for that. Some where in the chain of command there the words "make it different" got lost and I'm upset over it but I'm stuck with it, which is also why I have delayed this product a bit.

The next batch will be different only in styling so as to not step on Samco Fabrication's toes, again I'm sorry, it was not my intent.

Now time for a photo's!
shackles.jpg

(Had a bit of trouble dialing in the settings with the different thickness of metal)

Order them up here http://schwarttzy.com/shop/h3-2-extended-shackles/

Scarsman

Sponsor
is it just me or does it look like there is uneven penetration and in some places little penetration?

Definitely some serious porosity there!

What kind of welder are you using? Maybe get some scraps of the two thicknesses and do some practice/ testing welds? While it may not break, appearance can have a high degree of influence to either inspire or discourage confidence in the product. Just look at all the effort companies put into packaging!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
What kind of welder are you using? Maybe get some scraps of the two thicknesses and do some practice/ testing welds? While it may not break, appearance can have a high degree of influence to either inspire or discourage confidence in the product. Just look at all the effort companies put into packaging!

Hobart 210 MVP 75/25 Gas, was messing around, got a new tank and it just wasn't flowing right when I did this one, none the less I got it worked out.

Last edited:

Scarsman

Sponsor
That makes sense. It does look like it wasn't getting the gas, with the brown soot. Glad you got it! ;)

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Ya not sure what's with this tank... but sure as heck looks old and I hope to change it out for the much newer one like I got the first time around when I run out of gas.

954paulo

Installed mine today. A little bit of a pain doing it in the snow and with an aftermarket hitch receiver. But an hour later No more saggy rear end!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

digglesworth

So what will these do to my leveled H3? I plan on doing a lot of camping this summer and a lot of gear will be going up on the roof rack but the back will get used as well. I'm concerned with the rear sagging from the added weight. Would these help that? And would I have to worry about overextending the Bilsteins if I do just these without the high clearance leaf mounts?

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
So what will these do to my leveled H3? I plan on doing a lot of camping this summer and a lot of gear will be going up on the roof rack but the back will get used as well. I'm concerned with the rear sagging from the added weight. Would these help that? And would I have to worry about overextending the Bilsteins if I do just these without the high clearance leaf mounts?

I sell these shackles for the increased ground clearance, and they also have the add bonus of letting the axle do more work. I wouldn't ever worry about overextending the Bilsteins without the high clearance leaf spring mounts, those shocks have more travel than the factory shocks. I'm not concerned with the spring sagging from the weight. However if your still worried, I would just replacing the spring.

digglesworth

I assume the greatest benefits of these would be seen with the sway bar links disconnected...? Which raises more questions... Are the brake lines and abs lines long enough to handle the extra flex?

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
I assume the greatest benefits of these would be seen with the sway bar links disconnected...? Which raises more questions... Are the brake lines and abs lines long enough to handle the extra flex?

Ya these things work better with the sway bar disconnect, but I have never done it. The abs lines aren't long enough in my opinion to disconnect the sway bar. If you did something to make them slightly longer, say an inch or so, you should have no problems then. The brakes lines on the other hand should be completely fine.

amrg

Well just liftting the rear gets u slightly better departure angles unless ur springs have sagged then it wld be fixing that sag.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
ABS line is stupid easy.

I sit 4-5in over stock with the spring over and I just took the clip opened it and pulled the slack out. I have about 8in of down travel and the lines are long enough.

The brakelines may be too short. Kflips had an issue where the brakeline ripped out IIRC. Its an easy fix though, you can just lengthen the bracket on top of the pumpkin so you are essentially giving it more slack.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
ABS line is stupid easy.

I sit 4-5in over stock with the spring over and I just took the clip opened it and pulled the slack out. I have about 8in of down travel and the lines are long enough.

The brakelines may be too short. Kflips had an issue where the brakeline ripped out IIRC. Its an easy fix though, you can just lengthen the bracket on top of the pumpkin so you are essentially giving it more slack.

Awesome, I have never messed with it so I didn't know.

H

H3Ray

How do these Shackles compare to the Rancho 4' Lift Kit?
Please advise the beat route, not trying to sell me on your stuff.
Also, I think it's great you're making new stuff for us!
You're a true American, Sir.
Thanks