• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hamster SAS and other upgrades.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,670
Location
Scottsdale
Looking forward to seeing this! How many steps are you going to have to fab together to be able to get in? :)
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
Electronic sway-bar disconnects!

Mel (Off road Evo BOSS) is saying, you only need sway bar disconnects when you vehicle is not designed properly from factory.(I guess it explanes Jeeps).
He strongly advised against disconnects and assured me i will NOT have any problems.


ATV u will do SAS when you'll be ready to tackle bigger obstacle.
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
I have front and rear sway bars done by Mel that never get disconnected, and I can ramp 1000+.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Mel (Off road Evo BOSS) is saying, you only need sway bar disconnects when you vehicle is not designed properly from factory.(I guess it explanes Jeeps).
He strongly advised against disconnects and assured me i will NOT have any problems.


When building a suspension FROM THE GROUND UP designing everything to work hand and hand sway bars can be left connected and not inflict on articulation. Most of those guys run currie anti rock sway bars and I am sure you will too. Those sway bars have different holes to mount the end links allowing more or less input from the sway bar. I have also seen them use stock sway bars but using longer links and different mounting locations. Again all this is designed to work with each other. Mel also races, he may be crawling in the rocks one minute then flying through whoops at 90 mph the next, in that setting you cant get out and hook your sway bars back up, time is precious.

So for the guys that run cheaper less expensive setups just ditch the sway bar end links and hook em back up at the end of the trail.
 

DonYukon

Member
Messages
7
Location
Bordentown NJ
So its time for Hamster to go under the knife. I want to see if i am forgetting something.

I chose Offroad Evolution in Fulleton. Doing final ok this Monday.

So here we go:

8" lift
5.38 gears
Ram steering assist (PSC steering box, 1.5'bore-8" strx.625" rod assist Cyl.)

New axels ~4" wider that OEM
Front
Dynatrack high pinion dana60 ProRock with chromoly crv axels and locking hubs ARB air locker
big brake upgrade
2.5"king 12"coil overs with bypass shocks
4 link long travel

Rear
Dynartack Dana 80 ProRock axel ARB locker
big brake upgrade
2.5" coil overs with long travel helper airbags
4link long travel

Atlas 3:1 transfer case
Custom skid plate

Seen your H2 on Youtube at Big bear and I must say It is the best looking one Ive ever seen! I can only hope to build something that cool one day. do you have a Actual build of everything in one thread?
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
I think I started build tread a while ago but it hasn't been updated for a long time.
i haven't touched Hamster since last summer. When it will go to the shop I'll move this to build tread.
You can see most of runs under M6serge on YouTube and notice Hamster "grow up".
Everything on that list is just main components I am sure there will be a lot more small things.Can't wait for this stuff to get here, hopefully 3 more weeks or less.
 
Last edited:

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
Update.

Talked to Mel at ORE, looks like Dyna-track needs more time to deal with ABS compatibility. That means ~6 more weeks and they want Hamster for couple of days in the shop. So i guess ill be going to Bishop with OEM setup and build wont start till September,may be ill be ready for Moab in Oct.
 

autumn walker

Well-Known Member
Messages
707
Location
Nova Scotia, Canada
Update.

Talked to Mel at ORE, looks like Dyna-track needs more time to deal with ABS compatibility. That means ~6 more weeks and they want Hamster for couple of days in the shop. So i guess ill be going to Bishop with OEM setup and build wont start till September,may be ill be ready for Moab in Oct.

Better to take your time and do it right. Looking forward to updates.

What needs to be done to deal with the ABS? Is it just the tone rings?
 

Sethmark

Well-Known Member
Messages
230
Location
SC
Dynatrac has done some unbelievable work over the years maintaining functionality of abs, stability control and full time 4x4 systems.

If Jim is working on it, it'll be right. Might take a while, but the engineering will be solid. He is, by far, one of the most knowledgeable guys I've ever worked for.
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
My axles were the guinea pigs and they are working strong with zero problems since they were made.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"
 

MessiaH2

Well-Known Member
Messages
254
Location
Indian Mills, New Jersey
Update.

Talked to Mel at ORE, looks like Dyna-track needs more time to deal with ABS compatibility. That means ~6 more weeks and they want Hamster for couple of days in the shop. So i guess ill be going to Bishop with OEM setup and build wont start till September,may be ill be ready for Moab in Oct.

Can't wait to see Hampster go to another level. Seriously is the sickest H2 I have seen!!! I hope to see it in person one day, unfortunately we are a continent apart.

Are you going to be selling off some of your parts? I believe I would have some interest in performance parts (gears, etc) and since I also have the same 6" Fabtech and running 38"s you would know what I could and couldn't use. So let me know and good luck!!!
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Messiah he was running stock gears last time I ran with him

Autumn,
All vehicles built in the past 10 years have that issue with axle swaps. Jeeps hummers rovers etc.

A lot of the JK owners that swap to D60s need to use currie, dynatrac, G2, torq axle, or other axle manufacturers that use the factory sensors. Others use 4speeds method and make homemade parts to keep the electronics then some people say **** it and ditch all the electronics. A lot of JK owners do that believe it or not, they would have a light up dash board show but you can buy a procal computer and disable all the lights and it looks stock even though you really lost abs and traction control. Unfortunately no one makes computer altering systems like that for the hummers
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
I think his choice for an 80 over a 60 is spot on. Considering the weight of HIS H2, power potential of that engine and wheel size, the 60 might have been just in the limits. The 80 will be good forever.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
Update, dynatrack doesn't have anythink that will work with H2 ABS in the rear. So I have to sacrifice OEM rear axel to make ABS work. Thanks to Zach I have used rear end delivered to shop today and I'll take it to dynatrack tomorrow. I guess they need tone rings and brake assy, otherwise I can only do no ABS or no E-brake and that is unexeptable.

My OEM rear end I plan to use on T.
 
Top