• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hamster SAS and other upgrades.

Sethmark

Well-Known Member
Messages
230
Location
SC
That's pretty common for oddball stuff Jim hasn't done before. Sacrificing abs parts and brackets is part of the deal sometimes.
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
Depends if the tone ring count matches. I'm really not familiar with the h2 configuration enough to know. Wheel bolt pattern will be off but that shouldn't be a biggie to fix. Gear ratio needs to be the same as the front OEM.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
Depends if the tone ring count matches. I'm really not familiar with the h2 configuration enough to know. Wheel bolt pattern will be off but that shouldn't be a biggie to fix. Gear ratio needs to be the same as the front OEM.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Bolt pattern will stay H2, Front axle will be matched to the rear and Atlas TC.
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
Update:
Droped off donor axel at Dynatrack today, it looks like they will be using whole caliper/abs sensor plate. Aperantly jeep abs sensors have weaker magnet compare to GM. So maybe ill have a spare for Zach.:giggle:

But getting it all done before Moab it not looking good as of now. I may have to start upgrading T for Moab.
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
Family is coming along so we will be staying in Mammoth lakes. Mark against T bed is not secure and I don't feel like moving stuff in and out of the cab. Plus we a going to Yosemite afterwards.
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
Well it's almost time to drop off Hamster at ORE, spoke to Mel and Dynatrack is about 1 week away from finishing rear axle.

Dropping off Jr. for rock sliders this mid week and then big boy goes under the knife.
 

bebe

Moderator
Messages
1,375
Location
Dayton, NV
Can you measure the stock rear from backing plate to backing plate? I might be interested in the "core" axle when they are done stripping in down
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
H2 rear axle will be donated to Jr. for H3 SAS swap.(I want to keep same bolt pattern so i can use same wheels between Jr and Sr.)
I had to buy donor axle for dynatrack to finish that 80, my OEM has only ~35K on it.I think I paid ~900 thanks to Zach.
 
Last edited:

bebe

Moderator
Messages
1,375
Location
Dayton, NV
OK - I don't want to buy a complete axle because I want mine to stay six lug so a stripped down version would be better, but I need to know how wide it is first. It's probably not wide enough. But just thought it would be worth a shot.

Thanks anyways :)
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
Yea i moved up to a bigger one. From this one
The-Old-Shed-by-Heather-T-Imagery-qpps_463856673621146MDjpg168116cropnorth.jpg


to this one
old-aussie-shearing-shed-at-Belle-Vista-Farm-Park-inspiration-for-an-aussie-barn-.jpg


I know it doesn't look that good but it's surprisingly spacious inside.
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
OK - I don't want to buy a complete axle because I want mine to stay six lug so a stripped down version would be better, but I need to know how wide it is first. It's probably not wide enough. But just thought it would be worth a shot.

Thanks anyways :)

H2 Axel housing without hardware mounting plates is 63". I may have striped down axle coming back from dynatrack, as far as i know they only needed hardware plates to keep e-brake and ABS sensors.
 

bebe

Moderator
Messages
1,375
Location
Dayton, NV
Closer - but still too short. It might work. I'll re-do my measurements again. Probably not gong to work...thanks for taking the time to measure for me. The H3 axle is 70". I know it sounds crazy but there you have it.
 
Last edited:

bebe

Moderator
Messages
1,375
Location
Dayton, NV
Yes, that's where we measured the H3 from. It's 70", from where the backing plate bolts (4) to the axle flange. Remember the H3 has a zero offset wheel (5.5" backspace). It's really wide.

The guys on pirate think I should just use the one I have and retube it, or use a Chevy E3500 Van Axle which measures 68". Still it's short, so re-tubing may be the only way to go.

Thanks! (Sorry for the hi-jack).
 
Last edited:
Top