• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hello

Clark

Well-Known Member
Messages
166
Location
New York
Hi everyone
New member here hoping to meet alot members and learn all I can here. I'm an Ex jeep XJ owner who got 18years and 320K miles out of my truck. Because of a ignition harness problem and I couldn't find a replacement I had to let her go. I've always liked the H3, So I got me an 07 with 80k miles on her. I'm in love again. But one question I have to start my membership here. How can one tell whats an alpha, adventure or standard model H3? The person I bought her from wasn't sure what it is. So can some one here help me start understanding. Thanks and Good to meet all you fellow Hummer owners.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
The Alpha has a 5.3l V8, the base has a 3.7l I5. Am '07 Adventure would have a rear Eaton locker. You can tell by looking at the 4WD controls in the center of the dash b er low the AC vents and it has a button with what looks to be a diff w/tires. I will try to post find and post a pic of the extra dash switch button.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Adventure 4WD dash controls with rear locker switch:
201d6fbcb0fb38177692d78a8b1f57ce.jpg
 

Clark

Well-Known Member
Messages
166
Location
New York
I looked today and I don't have that button with the arrow. So I guess it's just a standard H3?
 

Pappibri

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,611
Location
Cohoctah, MI
Hello, welcome and congrats on your purchase. It's all good, I don't have any lockers and have the I5. I do very well with mine Offroad
 

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Messages
528
Location
Tecumseh, Mi
Welcome, nothing wrong with the standard 4x4 and engine on the H3's didn't have the Adventure on my old H3 and offroaded it pretty hard and like Pappibri said, it does perfectly fine.
 
Top