• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Here we go again...Lol! What is the passenger door switch light bulb style/# ?

Happy Hummer

Here we go again...Lol! GM you suck! What is the passenger door and rear switch light bulb style/# ?
Because they couldn't just keep the same kind of printed circuit board lol!

It is NOT that same as the drivers replacement style bulbs. I did quite a bit of googling but most thread links are dead. eBay and Amazon both.
It is a reverse style to a typical t4/t4.2 neo.
The printed circuit is on the opposite side of board and contacts are not going to connect. Got a bunch of the t4/t4.2 Neo bulbs already and drivers door switch works just fine with those bulbs.

As a side note I'm getting rid of all the LED upgrades I did 2 years back. The led bulbs suck. They tend to burn out quickly... Going back to plain white incandescent.
I know at one point I had to mod the led t4/t4.2 base and wire to make the led work. Don't desired to do that again. Soldering is last resort if need be. Did that on the 06 H3 for the Hvac controls.

Second side note!! Why on earth did GM changed the printed board to begin with lol? It just had to be different hey?

The pic provided is not mine. It is from an old but familiar thread. As can be seen the copper circular shape is on the back side of pcb.

Attachments

• passenger c bd.jpg
    passenger c bd.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Hmmmm ....you stumped me. THIS is one I got for other areas (not pass side). IDK if THIS link is helpful...

If not, nose around digikey and maybe you can find what you need. Do you still have the bulb base where you could install a new bulb?

Last edited:

Happy Hummer

Yep! Still have the old base but am running out of number of times to modify them. Each one can maybe do two times of mod'n before the lil copper contacts fall apart. Primarily from age. They are the oem from 2006/7.

Jeepwalker

Do you have any inkling if they used the same bulbs on Tahoe's or Colorado's? I've seen some duplication of Tahoe stuff, but never looked at the bulbs.

Would you consider soldering bulbs directly to the board? Or a short pigtail wire on the bulb to somewhere further up the board? I know that's kind of crappy work, but for short term till you find some...

Happy Hummer

Did some more searching. This is the correct part #

DNW21-DW10/GRA/11.5MM​

But lol! it no longer is manufactured. There is seemingly NO end to this... Every part for our Hummer H3's is being discontinued again and again.
Damn! It is going to get significantly more difficult to keep these Sh!t boxes running the longer we own them. The market has completely disowned the H3.

Attachments

• DNW21-DW10.jpg
    DNW21-DW10.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 41

JPaul

Wow, that thread takes me back. I did that on my first H3, haven't dug into the Alpha yet though. Getting lazier in my older age. What LED's have you been using? They shouldn't burn out in just 2 years, more likely something is coming apart.

Doc Olds

Did some more searching. This is the correct part #

DNW21-DW10/GRA/11.5MM​

But lol! it no longer is manufactured. There is seemingly NO end to this... Every part for our Hummer H3's is being discontinued again and again.
Damn! It is going to get significantly more difficult to keep these Sh!t boxes running the longer we own them. The market has completely disowned the H3.

I am surprised that you find this surprising????? ;) The basic requirement for spare parts availability is long gone since the last H3/H3Ts were made in early 2010 and the OEM Warranty expires at the latest in 2015.

IMHO that is what makes these things so cool. Everybody and Tom Dick Harry's brother has some Jeep, Bronco, Foreign made trash, but .... Nothing Like a Hummer. :cool:

Happy Hummer

My Jeep XJ is 2001 lol! I can get every part for it and then some. It just stinks that the bulbs of all things are discontinued.

650Hawk

I remember running into that problem when I did the LED conversion on my door switches. My driver door lights had burned out, so I swapped in the LEDs. Went to do the passenger door (just so that the color/brightness would match) and found that weird contact/bulb configuration. Never could find an LED to work, and gave up. Luckily, the bulb on that side was still working, but if it dies eventually...

Jeepwalker

Can you just get a small sheet of copper tin off ebay and just rebuild your socket? Or glue a bulb into the socket and solder the pigtails to the board. Seems like an easy fix.

Yeah, I have a Jeep XJ too. You can literally (well almost) buy EVERY part for those. They're like early Mustangs -- heavily supported by aftermarket. That won't be the case on our H3's. To own an H3 in the long term, a guys' going to have to be crafty and resourceful, be his own mechanic and fabricator ..maybe have a part truck. Otherwise its too expensive for the average joe-blow to keep one up. It's only going to get worse.

USMC_315

I think Schwartzy sells them on his website. I bought a few a while back and replaced mine. Although I did the driver side lights, so it might not be the same bulb

650Hawk

I think Schwartzy sells them on his website. I bought a few a while back and replaced mine. Although I did the driver side lights, so it might not be the same bulb
Passenger side is a completely different type bulb, which is entirely what this thread is about.

Jeepwalker

Just curious if you combed through like DigiKey or Mouser.com ...for bulb assemblies? And then there is like ..BulbAmerica.com.

I'm in agreement with you ...*Some outfit* must carry them you'd think.

Let us know if you come up with any. Cheers!

Happy Hummer

Actually, I resigned myself to ordering incandescent bulbs and soldering them to the board permanently 🙃. They just seemed easier in the long run to solder. It was much easier with incandescent as the polarity is irrelevant and no resistor or diode or cap. No IC or logic.
I'll wait to see what happens.