• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Howdy old friends

Hummjay

Wild Thang
Messages
347
Location
Seattle, WA
Wecome Dennis from the Pacific Northwest! :cheers: I know you'll feel at home here on H4O because we're all a bunch of HUMMER addicts. You have a great looking H3. Thanks in advance for posting the brake job thread. I look forward to reading it. Maybe I'll eventually get brave enough to tackle a job like that one day! :thumbs:
 
D

Dennis

Guest
Thanks again for the welcomes..Yes those were some stressful times back on HF..a certain importmurderer made life rough for me..but that's ancient history..Time to look forward to the good times here.
 

Fish

Well-Known Member
Messages
871
Location
San Diego, CA
I have known Dennis since I got my first 06 h3 in 2006...he is a great guy and a great addition to this forum
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
No doubt! He just confirmed that that with his DIY front brake thread! Thank you Dennis.
 
D

Dennis

Guest
Thanks Matt..those are some very kind words..and It has been a pleasure knowing you all this time as well..I feel like I'm part of your family as I watched you evolve in your life..

Bigunit..the pleasure and pain is all mine..My back, hands, legs are killing me too:gpa:
 

Fish

Well-Known Member
Messages
871
Location
San Diego, CA
I may be over stepping my bounds but if a moderator is needed I may know of someone who could do a good job, if they want to...my experience tells me Dennis can be a major contribution and a great moderator. Just my 2cents
 
Last edited:

kflips

Well-Known Member
Messages
776
Location
Virginia
Something I have always wondered but it is never appropriate to ask in any 1 forum -- is about the history of forums for hummers. There seem to be a number created over the years that a lot of folks tap into regularly, but did each exist for a specific version, set of guys, etc.... Seems very fragmented. Someday maybe you historians can chronicle the branches of the hummer following
 
D

Dennis

Guest
That is an interesting perspective kflips..it got me thinking too..:huh:


From what I've seen..the demographics of the various Hummer forums are different as night and day and certain personalities gravitate to their natural kindred....But there is one thing I can say for sure..they are all grounded in one common addiction..and that's our love for the breed of vehicle we call a HUMMER.:cheers:
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,529
Location
Central Texas
kflips, there have been any number of Hummer forums through the years. Humvee.net is probably the oldest and while it has a section for H2 and H3 owners it is primarily an H1 forum. I have been members of several Hummer forums that both caught on and then died and never caught on and died. Several forums have been created when certain groups of members left a forum for one reason or another and started a new one. HummerBaseCamp.com was a really nice small forum that served basically the SoCal and Nevada area until it petered out. Most of us started posting together on other forums together as a group. I can't even remember the names of some of them. One forum I am on is H1PsychoSquad.com. It is for PsychoSquad members only and you need an H1 and approval to join. There are probably only about 15 members. Humvee.net has over 500,000 posts and about 9000 members so there is a huge difference in size, focus and composition between the various Hummer forums. Of the existing Hummer forums today this one probably has largest and the most active base of wheelers. Most people are members of numerous forums but have one that they primarily frequent. I am active on four Hummer forums and there are several that I don't go to at all. Only so much time in the day.
 
Top