• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hummer stereotype....

SAS H3T

Member
Messages
6
Location
Ventura County CA
I like showing up at Jeep events with my H3.
There are only two reactions, lovers and haters.
I only choose one to talk to.
The others can follow me up the hill, over the rock and through the mud..... maybe
 

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Messages
1,390
Location
Rockford IL
I have rear swaybar quick disconnects....

That's cool, you do the JKS ones? I'm trying to make something like this photo for the rear, and haven't a clue what I'm doing for the front yet.

sway.JPG
 

chad

Well-Known Member
Messages
545
Location
florida
the number 1 comment i have gotten is " its not an h1"
as for the gas mileage question i have told people "its a new hybrid model" and i have heard a good one, you just tell them when they ask how much it cost to fill up, you tell them whatever the gallon of gas cost at that time.
i havent done a lot of wheeling but never had anyone talk crap to after we went wheeling, but since i've painted it i have had tons positve feedback on the looks and pics taken of it.
 

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
I have only received one penis remark, "Sorry about your penis", which I promptly replied with "Just because you can't afford one doesn't mean yours is bigger".

For the most part, I get a lot of thumbs-up gestures, more so after I got the KM2s and roof rack. People seem to be impressed when they notice all the pinstriping.
 

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Messages
1,483
Location
Tallmansville, WV
I have only received one penis remark, "Sorry about your penis", which I promptly replied with "Just because you can't afford one doesn't mean yours is bigger".

For the most part, I get a lot of thumbs-up gestures, more so after I got the KM2s and roof rack. People seem to be impressed when they notice all the pinstriping.

x2 :cheers:
 

ArtHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Gaithersburg/MD
I got a new one a few day ago. I talked to one of my neighbors and he asked "Did you got it from military?"... I was thinking to myself "dumbass this is an H3 not a HUMVEE"
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
I get that all the time. Wonder why? :)

The other day an H2 owner came up to me and asked my what model H2 it was? That shows that there's ignorance even amongst Hummer owners. I know mine is unique, but there are enough features to distinguish it from an H2.



Ex Umbris Venimus
 

ArtHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Gaithersburg/MD
If I'm in a bad mud, my answered on the penis joke will be: "Not sure if it's small or not, never had to measure it... But it definitely will not fit in to your large mouse"
 

SkinGripz

Well-Known Member
Messages
276
Location
Horse Country, Texas
It fine to have a small binky. Fact is, with a hummer, you get the girls. Period.

And they dont find out about your misfortune until it's too late anyway...

They might not come back for seconds, but I dont either, so it all works out !


"If at first you dont succeed, come back with a big damn stick". -My Dad
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

bendyprissy

Well-Known Member
Messages
290
Location
Near Houston, TX
Got my 1st Hummer hater the other day & it was from the owner of a scrub store that I have done business with for years. Before I had my Hummer I had an Isuzu Amigo & he never said anything then. But the other day I pulled up to get a pen light & his wife said so how are you liking your car (with a smile)? My whole face lights up, still, & I said oh I love it! Then her husband looks at me, with that how dare you kind of look on his face, & seriously says ya but I bet you're hatin that gas mileage. I put a smile on my face (on purpose) & said believe it or not I get the exact same gas mileage as I did in my Isuzu Amigo that had 3/4 the amount of space in it. You should have seen the look on his face. He was livid but stopped dead in his tracks. The wife stayed friendly but he was not happy. And I was completely shocked because he's always been really friendly & he was serious. Has made me think about not going back in there.
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Two truckers were talking about me on the highway, both talkin' about how they don't seem many of these truck and how this one is the best they've seen... Little did they know I was bored and had the CB set to scan, so as they went by I said hi and thanked them haha (yes they passes me, I don't speed)

The looks on their face was just priceless!
 

SuperBuickGuy

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,403
Location
Woodinville, WA
I tend to shut down the people I wheel with by making this one observation. - Ever notice the first car everyone wants to ride in? Ever notice it's not your Rubicon? :)
 

autumn walker

Well-Known Member
Messages
707
Location
Nova Scotia, Canada
I get asked about mileage all the time and the locals (mostly Jeep owners) dig on it since it is not a Jeep.

Hans said it well though - it's more about the quality of the person; the real wheelers appreciate the truck for what it is and the retards just rag on it because they are jealous.

The hard part is to not let it bother you - if they know it bothers you they will never let it go.
 

ArtHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Gaithersburg/MD
I work for NIH and there are allot of stupid liberals. They started asking what happened to my truck and after they found out that it is a Hummer they've ganged up on my about being rich and gas millage. I told them, Eya, I'm rich and I don't give a damn about gas, I own a gas station. That shut it all of them down... LOL

You'll come to me with stupid question, you'll get a stupid answer!
 

SuperBuickGuy

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,403
Location
Woodinville, WA
I really want to put a bumper sticker on my that has some variation of this statement. In big, bold letters say 1%'er. In fine print underneath "of people who buy a four wheel drive who uses it off-road"

that said, the SAR stuff (search and rescue) on the rig tends to shut the ones who would say something down. I had a woman, once, say while I was hauling her broken self out of the mountains that she never imagined she'd be "riding in of of these things".... my response was "you don't have to, you can walk".... she chuckled and said "no thanks, I'm really appreciating the capabilities and comfort of your rig".... who says tree huggers aren't quick? :)
 
Top