• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

I tap out

Iwillnc

Good find I’m gonna check it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully it works for you, that’s why I make these posts and have pictures , hopefully - like me, others can learn and try from my mistakes.

Both the roof seam seal and it appears this lid was leaking on my truck.

Word of note, I broke my cowl at one of the pop-pin mounts due to a broke clip that was holding on for dear life - so watch out.

Also I didn’t take a picture but I bought a new lid and seal and then sealed my air box cover lid with RTV.

Also, another note - when you pull off the windshield wiper arms there are woodruff keys and they fall right out. I forgot they were there until I was putting everything back together and noticed I was missing one.

grod98

Hopefully it works for you, that’s why I make these posts and have pictures , hopefully - like me, others can learn and try from my mistakes.

Both the roof seam seal and it appears this lid was leaking on my truck.

Word of note, I broke my cowl at one of the pop-pin mounts due to a broke clip that was holding on for dear life - so watch out.

Also I didn’t take a picture but I bought a new lid and seal and then sealed my air box cover lid with RTV.

Also, another note - when you pull off the windshield wiper arms there are woodruff keys and they fall right out. I forgot they were there until I was putting everything back together and noticed I was missing one.

I recently had a leak on driver floor. filled the well up during a rainstorm I figured sunroof (wouldn’t have been first time) I had went into the cowl again pulled all wiper system out so I had room and checked the drains. They were fine, turned out for me to be the seal on the truck itself that runs along the roof line and down the pillar. I replaced them and haven’t had a issue yet. Next time I’m in the cowl I will check that cover for sure tho. Last year I redid the seam sealer on the roof it was nasty and all cracked. I’m 208k and have had this thing for 8 years. And man it’s a battle keeping it all up to par lol . What year is yours? Mines a 08 and doesn’t have keys on the wiper arms

Iwillnc

Mines a late 2003, I’ve done the passenger side roof seam seal and I’m sure the driver side needs it now as it’s not much better. I hope sealing the box fixed the main issue. When I tested it with a hose you could see it starting to fill the floor board up quickly.