• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Moab trip ? Anyone from Socal

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,529
Location
Central Texas
I am going from Orange County. I will be leaving late Friday night or early Saturday AM with a fully loaded down 92 H1. I doubt I will top 55 mph with my old 6.2 L NA diesel motor. I am happy to have company on the trip but you could make it 3 maybe 4 hours faster than I will.
 

abearden

Well-Known Member
Messages
609
Location
N. Idaho
has anyone heard from Mikkel since he had the girlfriend move in ... am i gonna miss daisy this trip ???
Yeah, he's out this time around. Things just didn't line up with work if I remember correctly.

As for the thread, I wont be headed up this time but up for the faster of two caravans in April. :thumbs:
 

LagunaH1

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,730
Location
Idaho
has anyone heard from Mikkel since he had the girlfriend move in ... am i gonna miss daisy this trip ???

Yeah, unfortunately I won't make it. It's been a rough 6 months financially so I have to stay home this time.
 

Neo

Badfish
Messages
1,666
Location
Brookings, OR
I know what thats like , hopefully things will be looking up by april . we'll miss you and the pup . you've been a faithful participant for a number of years :cheers:
 

LagunaH1

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,730
Location
Idaho
The good news is that things are looking up and the April trip is looking real good. I do wish I was going this time though, I miss Moab and everyone there.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Id go with Dave, the caravan was fun and I got my best mileage ever on the way out. In case something goes wrong you also have someone else with you.
 

Expendable

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,025
Location
Burbank, CA
Is there a thread for the April Moab trip? or what are the details?

I might be able to make it. haven't had a vacation in a while. Would be a nice way to take a vacation.
 

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Messages
1,149
Location
Ferris,Texas
Is there a thread for the April Moab trip? or what are the details?

I might be able to make it. haven't had a vacation in a while. Would be a nice way to take a vacation.

The Arril trip planning usually starts during the October trip. Usually within a few weeks after the October trip the dates will be posted and everyone starts checking the dates to see if they can make it. I hope you make it we always have a blast and it would be great to meet you.
 

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
It is a fun obstacle.


I have had some issues in the past. One time I bent a tie rod at 2:00 in the morning.

Another time I found a hole on the way up
DSC00710.jpg


Don't panic! It has a bypass if you do not want to try it.
 

Kurt

Well-Known Member
Messages
958
Location
Orange County, CA
How many folks make it to Moab from LA in one shot? Google says 12 hours, which can be done for me at least with 2 drivers switching spots every 3-4 hours giving each other a break. I just got back from there today, stopping in vegas for two nights for the Barrett Jackson auction...
 
Top