• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New to forum from Wisconsin

M

MUTAINT

Guest
Reloader, I just saw some angled views of your rig at Cliffs and the first thing I noticed was your BA bumper mods. Great look with the 2 larger center bars and light mount cross bar!

Please, if you wouldn't mind tell us the who, what and how behind the mods and some close up pix would be outstanding!!! :corn:

P1010213.jpg


P1010199.jpg


P1010200.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Reloader

Well-Known Member
Messages
413
Location
Montana a free state
Mutaint, the BA bumper I bought from a fellow H3 owner south of Indianapolis. I think he has / makes Thor Bumpers. Anyway, I did the mods at my brother`s company, Big Sky
Engineering in his fab shop. The uprights are 2x3 square tubing and the pipes are all 2 inch schedule 10 seamless tubing with weld in bends. Light tabs are welded to the
lower center cross pipe and the antenna mount is welded to the right upright. The rock sliders are built from the same tubing and bends. Two lengths of tubing per side and mounted to the frame with heavy wall square tubing and 10.8 metric hardware. The can rack and shovel mount are home made also. Its all painted with cheap valspar armor satin black paint. Eventually I`l sand blast it all off and powder coat it all or spray on box liner it smooth. The aluminum skid plate is from Thor. sorry no pics now as the truck is all brown from wheeling at Cliffs on Sunday. I`m getting more strange looks as I drive around town.
 

FormerUser

Well-Known Member
Messages
179
Was just cruising the board - I've seen your H3 while I was on the beltline! What caught my eye was your ARB snorkel(something you rarely see here in southern WI). I love the BA bumper and the gobi roof rack - wish I could score either of those for myself. Anyways, just wanted to say hello - if you feel the need to do a fall run somewhere let me know and I'll see if I can tag along. Mine is a 2010 H3 I5 Adventure Package. See ya around sometime.

Jason
 

Reloader

Well-Known Member
Messages
413
Location
Montana a free state
Hey Jason, yea I get lots of people asking what the snorkle is for. I look at them and say its for snorkling. Usually results in a look of confusion from them. I
then end up explaining the concept and how it works. Once one of our Prius owners asked me about it , I told him it was so my truck could breath better because
of all the liberal BS in this city. That ended that conversation.
What color is your H3. Bergstrom had several ones in black that were 2010s, did you get it there ?

Later
 

FormerUser

Well-Known Member
Messages
179
My H3 is the one year only "canyon metallic", which is sort of a dark grey-green-depending-on-the-light color. I bough it "new" this past spring(it was new, sitting on the lot) and I ended driving to Hummer of Sioux Falls SD to get it, for 2 reasons: Bergstrom was less than enthusiastic about finding me one or selling me one(the "super salesman" was a prick with a capitol P), and I didn't want black. So I took my business elsewhere. But beyond that - I love my Hummer. only vehicle I've ever owned over my lifetime that I can say without a doubt, nor do I have any regret in purchasing it, beyond the fact that I've been bitten by the "modification" bug. Next time I ring the belt line I'll swing by the dealership and introduce myself.
 

FormerUser

Well-Known Member
Messages
179
And I can totally relate to your comment about the liberal BS within Madison, and most of southern WI. I am proud to be a registered free thinking republican that has little time and patience for liberal democrats.
 
Top