• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Photography

Hunner

Ok, Thanks
It was not anything epic just a short test.
It worked on this end. I did a "guest pass" and thought that would work.
I will check into that. Maybe I was still logged in to Flicker. I will check on another computer.

Last edited:

Chook

I have some gopro footage of running creek water. Does anyone know an easy way to make it loop the video as I thought that might be good to put on the TV as a relaxation thing !!!

Kyle

I have some gopro footage of running creek water. Does anyone know an easy way to make it loop the video as I thought that might be good to put on the TV as a relaxation thing !!!

you could throw it into a video production program (final cut pro etc.) and loop the clip. its pretty easy!

Hunner

It might also be possible to transfer to DVD after doing so and loop on a player with that capability.
I access my hardrive thru my network to my big screen in the den and use the Blue Ray to play transferred "tape" productions I still enjoy.
I'm still new to some of this.
I last worked in video production around 1998! Tape and analog editors in real time.
Now I just cut the digital video to length in most cases as I have tried several editors that had problems of one sort or another. Seems like now there are some new offerings that may produce high quality definition and effects.
Now I just have to take the time to learn to use them.

Kyle

It might also be possible to transfer to DVD after doing so and loop on a player with that capability.
I access my hardrive thru my network to my big screen in the den and use the Blue Ray to play transferred "tape" productions I still enjoy.
I'm still new to some of this.
I last worked in video production around 1998! Tape and analog editors in real time.
Now I just cut the digital video to length in most cases as I have tried several editors that had problems of one sort or another. Seems like now there are some new offerings that may produce high quality definition and effects.
Now I just have to take the time to learn to use them.

have you used final cut pro? ive taken more classes than i can count for that program and it is amazing what you can accomplish with it!

Hunner

I think maybe a trial a long time ago, or read some reviews.
Thanks for the suggestion I will check that out.
Some of the ones I spent time on had ok transitions but some were jerky and some had good graphics but not the whole package.
I like subtle fades and dissolves or clean cuts not a lot of fancy stuff to distract.

I just got that GoPro editing update 2 but have not had time to spend with it yet.

I tried YouTube upload for that little clip but I never saw where it said it was putting it. Somewhere in cyberspace?

Now I can't find it. I'm going to have to spend time to figure some of this out but right now I'm going wheelin and do some resolution experiments with the GoPro and come back and look that over.

Ok found it under my account.

Last edited:

Hunner

Got my Blade 350QX quad yesterday and already had to start modding. All kinds of possibilities.

My first impression is that this thing does just what I was hoping. I can fly it right out of the box, sort of. My friend at the Hobby Shop ordered BNF. Now I have to learn a new language. RTF is ready to fly and BNF is Bind and fly. He figured most of his customers would already have radios so got them without.
I jumped up a level or two on the radio anticipating an offroad rig and maybe a boat. I'm not getting any younger and need more toys!
With some help from the distributor we got it synced up.
Wow is all I can say. I can fly smooth and controlled for my type of use and it is a blast.
I even mounted a 100 lumen flashlight on the GoPro mount using a bike mount and some mods and my metal fishing leader as a safety so I could get in some night flying. The led status lights are really neat also.
I would have shot pictures flying of the quad but I was so involved having fun I put it off. Then rain started moving in so I had to quit.
So now my plans for today to get some shots of the H3 in the bush will have to wait.
I am going to my daughters dance/my photo studio to try some inside flying. Probably will be a challenge as it won't get GPS lock inside for smart mode. I can fly stability mode fairly well so, lookout!
Got my Blade 350QX quad yesterday and already had to start modding. All kinds of possibilities.

My first impression is that this thing does just what I was hoping. I can fly it right out of the box, sort of. My friend at the Hobby Shop ordered BNF. Now I have to learn a new language. RTF is ready to fly and BNF is Bind and fly. He figured most of his customers would already have radios so got them without.
I jumped up a level or two on the radio anticipating an offroad rig and maybe a boat. I'm not getting any younger and need more toys!
Wow is all I can say. I can fly smooth and controlled for my type of use and it is a blast.
I even mounted a 100 lumen flashlight on the GoPro mount using a bike mount and some mods and my metal fishing leader as a safety so I could get in some night flying. The led status lights are really neat also.
I would have shot pictures flying of the quad but I was so involved having fun I put it off. Then rain started moving in so I had to quit.
So now my plans for today to get some shots of the H3 in the bush will have to wait.
I am going to my daughters dance/my photo studio to try some inside flying. Probably will be a challenge as it won't get GPS lock inside for smart mode. I can fly stability mode fairly well so, lookout!
One thing we preordered are some longer landing struts so the GoPro clears the ground a little more.

Maybe it will survive it's ride in this hangar in the back of the H3.

Last edited:

Hunner

Next project was a secure mount for the camera on my 1.5 inch Steelcraft brush guard.
I did not trust the plastic GoPro roll bar mount.
These guys got it right.

http://www.pacificcustoms.com/mm5/m...BASE-150&Category_Code=billet-clamp-on-mounts
You also need the adapter
http://www.pacificcustoms.com/mm5/m...dapter-1&Category_Code=billet-clamp-on-mounts

My kinda stuff. Very well made precision fabrication. I then used a fishing wire leader in case the clear tabs on the camera housing fail. It's looped thru the back door metal hinge pin as GoPro suggests.
It came in three days USPS flat rate box.

Hunner

More findings.
This is a slow boring video but I wanted to learn to fly slowly, keep altitude, keep camera aimed at H3 and fly around it. That was the whole point in my getting into this was to have smooth video. This is new to me so I am sharing my learning process for anyone considering this.

I tried one driving while flying that would have been great,,,,,,,,camera batteries went down. I have now added the bacpak battery.
I will try that again after the rain!!! grrrrr

Those that have or think they have mastered this usually post obnoxious statements in the forums about noobs on flying. Like they have done it all there life, lol! I'm staying off those boards!

You only have two sticks (and a bunch of switches), one of the sticks is altitude and direction the craft is aiming or shooting and the other is directional control left, right, towards and away from you which all have to be coordinated at the same time to make it smooth. Geeeze Louise............................
I added some comments on the youtube post but I still need to find a higher quality conversion process. It looks great in the GoPro studio.
http://youtu.be/u0FYfXlG6A0
I learned now, depending on the type of post you may not see my comments when you use the link.
This was shot at 1080p 30 minutes before sunset. So there is very little contrast which gives a soft look. Plus the conversion seems to need some tweaking. My copy is great. Stay tuned.................

Last edited:

Hunner

That was seat o pants line of sight angle of the dangle calculation!

I have been watching for a gimble that will adapt to my Blade QX350. They are pricy. However with all that is involved with flying, trying to adjust the gimble in real time may be a challenge. It would give some options though when hovering.

I think for now, shoot wide, back off and eyeball the angle. The scatter gun theory. lol
Even in the simple GoPro studio you can zoom in but your subject still needs to be centered fairly well.
The more weight I add the less flying time.

I have three batteries now and want more.
I may see if it can carry two at a time but that could upset things.
A larger capacity battery gets wider. I could use a bit longer but not wide.
I have things set up now to use the DC outlet in the rear of the H3 to run my charger.
I can see this is an equipment sport. lol I went for a dual power smart charger that can quick charge the batteries and balance the cells.

I'm hooked, this is better than hanging out an open Helo door and shooting (film)!! or having people shooting back at you.
H3 Hummer ground station, mission control. Just another excuse to have an H3.

Last edited:

05Mudiak

need some help. I know just about nothing on this stuff but I would like to get the wife some stuff for her camera without just asking her. I know she has mentioned something about wide angle for senery shots, a fish eye lens? and also something about using a telescope w/ some sort of adapter for moon and star shots? i have no idea so help on these matters would be awesome.

She has a canon T3i

I seen that cheap china stuff on amazon and ebay but im pretty sure you get that yo upay for with that stuff

Thank again

06-3

One nights work , about five hours of combined images to produce the results , taken with a Celestron C-8 telescope with an optional Hyperstar camera attachment.
IC410 "The Tadpole Nebula"

http://

Last edited:

06-3

One thing we preordered are some longer landing struts so the GoPro clears the ground a little more.

Maybe it will survive it's ride in this hangar in the back of the H3.

Wow ! thats Droneish.....I like it ! :thumbs:

owlxxx

need some help. I know just about nothing on this stuff but I would like to get the wife some stuff for her camera without just asking her. I know she has mentioned something about wide angle for senery shots, a fish eye lens? and also something about using a telescope w/ some sort of adapter for moon and star shots? i have no idea so help on these matters would be awesome.

She has a canon T3i

I seen that cheap china stuff on amazon and ebay but im pretty sure you get that yo upay for with that stuff

Thank again
I wouldn't really invest in a fisheye lens right now. It's a novelty item in my opinion, though great results can be had. Id go with something along the lines of a 24-70mm or a 14-24mm for landscapes. For moon and star shots, I've never used any adapters but I haven't attempted to shoot stars zoomed in. I have attempted stuff like this... http://fstoppers.com/michael-shainblum-the-art-behind-the-time-lapse Those lenses I mentioned can do that kind of stuff, I'm just not sure about the canon t3i capabilities since i'm a Nikon shooter. I imagine it's capable though.

Hunner

Yea, I'm still alive.

Well like most things I get into it just gets more involved.

After several miss-haps sporting around the fragile brittle shell of my quad had to be replaced, twice.
MOD ON!

I had a custom G10 fiberglass platform and arms cnc cut.

I built some taller landing skids out of Starboard and carbon fiber rods.

I bought another one, for parts. Cheaper that way.
I ended up buying spare parts and a crashed quad and now have two, one for photography and one for sport flying.

Another reason to take the H3 offroad to find great places to capture images.

Hey, I can see my house from here!!

Last edited:

Hunner

I'm loving it.
Blade 350QX
Three gyros, altimeter/pressure sensor, compass, GPS
If you panic and hit RTH it comes back to where the props were initiated. How cool is that?
If you let go the controls it stops and hovers.

Hunner

H3 still going strong at over 63,000.
Hope you guys and gals are still going out in the wild.

Quad keeps morphing. About ready to get out and video some wheeling.
I got longer flight times now and better payload capacity.

Upgraded motors and props. (just can't stop modding) better GPS antenna installed and on and on.........just like a Hummer.

They are multiplying on me like rabbits!

Did a little snow flying, at night.

Last edited:

Kyle

i got an ar drone for christmas and then brookstone just so happened to be going out of business near me so the store was 70% off. walked in a picked up the last ar drone! Now i have 2! i know there not a capable as those but damn there fun to fly and record with!