Absolutely!
Making a long-travel suspension while leaving the stock diff in place is putting lipstick on a pig.
...or more accurately, 1.5 ton of bricks on a raw egg!
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapataint
Absolutely!
Making a long-travel suspension while leaving the stock diff in place is putting lipstick on a pig.
But mine is a pet pig.Absolutely!
Making a long-travel suspension while leaving the stock diff in place is putting lipstick on a pig.
Here in Vegas mines a desert pig... And I'm trying to put someBut mine is a pet pig.
Im in the process of regearing the alpha in 2 months. Warranty ends in christmas, regearing probably sometime in january. Its only desert stuff i do in this region, so 4LO is pointless, Never used it or was at a point where I needed it. But i wld like to get the added suspension performance (im believe a rancho lift would do the opposite in such a situation?)
And my other issue... Adding HP with an i5You may want to do some additional research on re-gearing in your case. If you are always in a desert situation, keep the stock configuration 4:10's and 33's and add more HP. For added fun you could get some paddle tires.
For you, cryo treat everything up front and add travel + HP. You'll be set. Then you will be dealing with cooling issues...it's never ending...really.
You may want to do some additional research on re-gearing in your case. If you are always in a desert situation, keep the stock configuration 4:10's and 33's and add more HP. For added fun you could get some paddle tires.
For you, cryo treat everything up front and add travel + HP. You'll be set. Then you will be dealing with cooling issues...it's never ending...really.
The vortex supercharger kit looks like a great option for power/reliability. I've loved my 33's in the desert, haven't encountered a single issueSuper Charger for you - or drop in an LS of your choice 5.8,6.0, 6.2
Over here the stock alpha comes with additional electric fans (two more) on top of the clutch fan. Engine temp doesnt cross the half way mark on the gauge even under extremely heavy load on sand dune climbs in +45 degrees celsius (+113) situations. Ill be adding an external trans cooler too at the time of the re-gear which should make a more reliable cooling system overall.
Over here the stock alpha comes with additional electric fans (two more) on top of the clutch fan. Engine temp doesnt cross the half way mark on the gauge even under extremely heavy load on sand dune climbs in +45 degrees celsius (+113) situations. Ill be adding an external trans cooler too at the time of the re-gear which should make a more reliable cooling system overall.
Alot of my wheeling includes driving over dunes with very soft sand, ive been in situations where wranglers in 33s wld be stuck while my 3 on 35s would be standing tall. I would benefit of 4.56 gearing for the added performance on the demanding hill climbs though.
The vortex supercharger kit looks like a great option for power/reliability. I've loved my 33's in the desert, haven't encountered a single issue
Can u provide some pics on the stock fan setup? I run hot in the summer(temps 110+F) with hill climbs and a winch blocking some flow.
Well!?!?!?Its a great kit, no maintance kit... ask me how I know:hans:
Is there any other kind of dyno?!? I had the supercharged xterra and it was free of any problem, I've also had superchargers on other cars, with no hiccups... People get boost hungry and that's when issues arise.Haha I have my Alpha supercharged, put 20,000km on it in the past 6 months alone without a single issue... It's been on there since new which is about 70,000km total...
It's been on it since I first purchased it and I have never ridden in another alpha to compare it to
but I have an idea that you can really feel the extra "125hp" (as per the manufactures specs)) in the classic seat of your pants dyno!
The fans are located in place of the stock horn. The horn is placed between the air filter box and the passenger side headlight.
Those fans run at different speeds and are pretty loud when its hot. I have a pic somewhere where my car had been idling for 30 mins in 119 degrees and the gauge was pegged at just above half way (the two fans were running at full speed in addition to the clutch fan, the car sounded like a huge vacuum cleaner)