• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Post= The things you DON'T like about the H3

Lauren

Sounds like some fun ...playing in the sand. Can you go to a GM dealership to get parts (or have to order online)?

Yeah, playing in the sand is always fun :) I still sometimes find it a little difficult as I'm still practicing how to handle everything. So I've only seen the H3 pushed to it's limits in the sand when my boyf jumps in the driver seat. He has a 3.7L 2008 and I have the 5.3L 2009. He's owned many H3's, been driving in the desert waaay before he ever got his actual driving license and he's a very mechanically minded guy so that's why I allow him to go crazy in my car.. anyone else would be a very different story :giggle:
Next time we go and play, I'll try to take a video and post it :)

There's no GM Dealership here. There's Liberty dealerships who used to sell GM cars but now they don't or whatever and they don't want to help either.
There's Parts shop who stock American parts but they won't have everything.
So, luckily I work for an American Company and my boss allows me to order parts through our FPO/APO address, to save me shipping costs!
But then that takes at least 3 weeks to get to me so I have to try and time everything well haha!

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

The only design issue I had with the H3 was that when I got in the driver seat I seemed to turn the seat heater on about 25% of the time. Wish they could have located the switch somewhere else. If they had not quit making them my wife would be driving a new one now. She loved her H3 and I really liked it. We took it on some pretty awesome trails in the Cali mountains and it tackled some obstacles that really surprised me. GM F%&ked up when they killed the Hummer line. If they had had put a diesel in the H3 and brought the H4 to market they would have hit home runs. GM didn't seem to understand that you have to play all 9 innings to win the baseball game.

Agreed. They would have sold tons if it were around today. They should have revived Hummer about 6 yrs ago. Who knew during the dark days of the recession that trucks would become popular again? Especially after coming off nearly $5/gal gas in 05, and staying high even into their bankrupsy, and a public suddenly focused on keeping their houses and paying down consumer debt? At the time it was probably a smart move to cut hummer. I get the feeling it won't be long now and trends will shift again, dino-pickup trucks will be auto-non-grada. Auto trends tend to shift around. The truck/SUV trend has enjoyed like a second golden-age ...it's a lot longer than most auto trends have in the past.

https://www.autonews.com/blogs/gm-looks-wistfully-rearview-mirror-and-sees-hummer

Last edited:

amrg

Are you sure about the dealership thing? Here in Qatar the Hummer dealer is the same as the GM/Cadillac/Chevy dealer and when I used to get parts from them they would order them from the Dealer in Dubai (since they bo longer stock Hummet parts) and Id have to wait 5 days before I can pick them up! But anyway its still significantly cheaper to get the parts directly from the US + shipping than to get it here locally!!!

Lauren

Are you sure about the dealership thing? Here in Qatar the Hummer dealer is the same as the GM/Cadillac/Chevy dealer and when I used to get parts from them they would order them from the Dealer in Dubai (since they bo longer stock Hummet parts) and Id have to wait 5 days before I can pick them up! But anyway its still significantly cheaper to get the parts directly from the US + shipping than to get it here locally!!!

Yeah, I called the Liberty dealership when I found out that my car was in the HVAC recall because it was bought from them. I still have the Liberty badge on the back under the H3 badge. And they literally told me "We don't sell Hummers anymore so we don't care." so I said alright.. and then asked about the parts etc, the dude was like "no we don't have parts for your car" so I argued with him for a bit because, obviously, some parts are not Hummer specific etc.. I decided he's just being a douchebag and I spoke to his manager and he told me literally because I have a Hummer they can't help me... :| which still makes no sense to me but .. :gaah:

I've found the same thing here, I was looking for those Air Inlet Vent thingys (at the bottom corners of the windscreen) and to buy them here from the junkyard, they wanted to charge 1,000 AED each.. and I got a few people to go and ask because.. you know.. I'm a girl so they always try and charge more... :roll::sigh:

But I found some on eBay and bought them for like $65 each... around 260AED .. and then free shipping because of my work FPO address :cheers: