• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rear compartment part number?

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
Hey guys...
The back section of my H2 (where the third row seat is) there are "buckets" or "compartments" on each side of the vehicle. Up off the floor and on a shelf each side. A place you can throw a rope or some other crap. Sorry, my explanation is not the best. Anyway... The driver side "bucket" is broken and falling into the hole just above the back wheel well. This is the smaller one of the two "buckets". The passenger side is longer.
Does anyone know that driver side part number and where I can get another one?
Thank guys.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

fyr145

Member
Messages
5
Location
Arizona
Hey guys...
The back section of my H2 (where the third row seat is) there are "buckets" or "compartments" on each side of the vehicle. Up off the floor and on a shelf each side. A place you can throw a rope or some other crap. Sorry, my explanation is not the best. Anyway... The driver side "bucket" is broken and falling into the hole just above the back wheel well. This is the smaller one of the two "buckets". The passenger side is longer.
Does anyone know that driver side part number and where I can get another one?
Thank guys.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD




Pocket, Trim Panel - Left rear Part #20794441

gmpartsdirect.com
 

SummitUp

High On Hummers!
Messages
114
Location
High In The Colorado Rockies
I'm wondering if Part #20794441 will fit pre 2008 H2's? I need to replace my drivers rear pocket as well but Part #20794441 is listed for 2008 & 2009 H2's. Also searching for a rear pocket using '03 to '07 years doesn't show any results. The drawing of said part # also shows two cup holders and I know my '05 H2 doesn't have cup holders. It may fit anyway but considering all the changes they made starting in '08 I just wanted to point out the difference.

Hey crank, if you've already ordered the part please let us know if it fits your '06... Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • H2 rear pocket.jpg
    H2 rear pocket.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:

fyr145

Member
Messages
5
Location
Arizona
part

I'm wondering if Part #20794441 will fit pre 2008 H2's? I need to replace my drivers rear pocket as well but Part #20794441 is listed for 2008 & 2009 H2's. Also searching for a rear pocket using '03 to '07 years doesn't show any results. The drawing of said part # also shows two cup holders and I know my '05 H2 doesn't have cup holders. It may fit anyway but considering all the changes they made starting in '08 I just wanted to point out the difference.

Hey crank, if you've already ordered the part please let us know if it fits your '06... Thanks!

In earlier 03-07 models, the parts list shows the entire panel as being one part, not just the "pocket" piece itself. If this is the case, then that would be part # 25819224 (panel assy, side trim, Right).
 

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
I'm wondering if Part #20794441 will fit pre 2008 H2's? I need to replace my drivers rear pocket as well but Part #20794441 is listed for 2008 & 2009 H2's. Also searching for a rear pocket using '03 to '07 years doesn't show any results. The drawing of said part # also shows two cup holders and I know my '05 H2 doesn't have cup holders. It may fit anyway but considering all the changes they made starting in '08 I just wanted to point out the difference.

Hey crank, if you've already ordered the part please let us know if it fits your '06... Thanks!

Now I'm confused... It doesn't take much by the way....
I'm going to give those guys a call tomorrow and ask before I buy. Right now I have a guy looking if he has a used set to sell me. Haven't heard back yet but I'm hopeful... :)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
Yeah... I see that. They told me it was $229 plus shipping and tax! ARE THEY ON DRUGS???!!!!! Ain't gonna happen.
If anyone wants to sell their tray or pocket (It's the same thing only called different name in different shops.
070416TN16-081.jpg

Yeah, I saw that. Replace the entire quarter panel for $186.59 (plus shipping) just to replace left rear "pocket"! :no:
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
I'll contact the Seller & try to get these for you. Alrock, could you go by and pick up these items?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint
 

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
I'll contact the Seller & try to get these for you. Alrock, could you go by and pick up these items?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint

Dang man! You'll are great. What ever you can do is highly appreciated.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
I'm wondering if Part #20794441 will fit pre 2008 H2's? I need to replace my drivers rear pocket as well but Part #20794441 is listed for 2008 & 2009 H2's. Also searching for a rear pocket using '03 to '07 years doesn't show any results. The drawing of said part # also shows two cup holders and I know my '05 H2 doesn't have cup holders. It may fit anyway but considering all the changes they made starting in '08 I just wanted to point out the difference.

Hey crank, if you've already ordered the part please let us know if it fits your '06... Thanks!

Well guys..... Here it is. Just got it.
Not even close....
The old beat up tray is mine. The new part number 20794441 is next to it.
No Joy.

Let me know if someone out there has a later year H2 and needs one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361401510.446817.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361401510.446817.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 450
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361401542.435536.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361401542.435536.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
Did you get a chance to contact this guy? I can't seem to contact him.
If not... No worries. Just checking in...

I'll contact the Seller & try to get these for you. Alrock, could you go by and pick up these items?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint
 

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
Well guys, while I'm waiting for a good part, I took the new "wrong" part I ordered and cut the cups off. It fits in there ok and it holds stuff really well. Just doesn't look all that great. Lots of gaps. Although I could trim it a bunch more and get it looking better. I'll wait and get the correct part.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361667803.708200.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361667803.708200.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 440
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361667826.359690.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361667826.359690.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 427

SummitUp

High On Hummers!
Messages
114
Location
High In The Colorado Rockies
Damn, I was afraid this might happen! Crank, did you wind up getting the tray from Nalley GMC or GM Parts Direct? Wouldn't they have been willing to take it back (did you ask)?
 
Last edited:

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
Damn, I was afraid this might happen! Crank, did you wind up getting the tray from Nalley GMC or GM Parts Direct? Wouldn't they have been willing to take it back (did you ask)?

I got it from the GM Parts Club for around $30.
The correct part would have cost me $229 to buy the entire left rear trim panel. Nobody I found would sell the individual tray. I'll have to find someone willing to part with one or find a recked vehicle.
I probably should have given it to someone, but I didn't think of it at the time. So I decided to make it into something I could use.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
I'm back home now, and I'm going to try and take a look at my truck tomorrow and see if it looks like I can make something for it. I think it should be doable. In fact I have some ideas for making one for myself. I'm thinking of making it so I can strap my Superflow compressor up there!

Would you want it powder coated, or just bare?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
Well, a had a few minutes to pop mine out and look it over a little this morning, and I am sure I can make something. I'll second you a pm when I get something made up. Can you give me a couple weeks to work it out?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk
 

SummitUp

High On Hummers!
Messages
114
Location
High In The Colorado Rockies
Well, a had a few minutes to pop mine out and look it over a little this morning, and I am sure I can make something. I'll second you a pm when I get something made up. Can you give me a couple weeks to work it out?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk
Scarsman, so your thinking of fabricating a custom replacement for the left rear cargo compartment pocket/ tray?

Please keep us informed on this thread as to your progress. I for one would be interested in a replacement for my damaged tray as well.
 

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
Well, a had a few minutes to pop mine out and look it over a little this morning, and I am sure I can make something. I'll second you a pm when I get something made up. Can you give me a couple weeks to work it out?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

A couple weeks? Ok.... I'll do it for you. :) Just kidding....
No problem man. I appreciate you doing this for me. When you get a chance, let me know what I owe you.
Thanks again Scarsman!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
Ok, I finally had some time to play with this in the shop today. Here is what I came up with, so let me know what you think. I don't have a pan brake so to get accurate bends I cut slots leaving tabs to control where it bends. You can see what I mean in the pictures. At the moment, I don't have any other option. Once it is powder coated I don't think the slots will really be noticeable.
The box is made of all one piece that basically gets bent/folded into shape and welded. I don't have a TIG welder, so it is kind of tricky to weld! It is made of 16g steel.
I made strap anchors on it like the OEM one had, only you can’t break these! I made them so there is room to hook a standard bungee hook through them. Or you can get a velcro strap to use.

This is looking forward from the rear:

DSCN3585_zps71a716cc.jpg


This is looking to the rear from the back seat:

DSCN3584_zps06a91ca5.jpg


And a couple other shots:

DSCN3586_zpsad7d63cb.jpg


DSCN3583_zps59de6b29.jpg


Let me know what you think. If you think it looks like crap, just say so! I can take it, so be honest! By the way, the reason the back corner of the small rear compartment is angled, is I made it a little deeper that the OEM box and it hit the fender well in that corner.
 
Last edited:
Top