• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rear compartment part number?

H3slate

Brush raked
Messages
983
Location
Tualatin, Oregon
That looks really cool!! Nice work Scarsman!

Do you think the Hummer logo should be readable from the back instead of the front? You would see it from the rear more than from the front of the vehicle.
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
Thanks guys! I will have a price figured out this afternoon when I get home. I'm waiting in the dentist office right now. :(

Yes, the rest will probably have the "HUMMER" face the other way. I didn't think it would be very visible from the rear since that section is so short, but it is. I guess that's what prototypes are for, right?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
Hmmm. I tried powder coating it in my small oventoday, and it did not work so well. I will be checking with my powdercoater tomorrow to see what they will charge me to do a few of them. I was shooting for the $50 range, but it may be a little more since Ican't powder coat them myself.

Is anyone else interested in one of these? I’m going to do one for myself, and one eachfor crank and SummitUp. If anyone elseis interested now would be the time, and it may help us get a break on thepowder coat.
 

Chastan

Well-Known Member
Messages
149
Location
Reedsburg, WI
Great work as usual Scarsman. I have a broken one on the drivers side but I am puttling the whole plastic wheel cover out for a dual battery set up where it sits. I will let you know when my right side one cracks.
 

SummitUp

High On Hummers!
Messages
114
Location
High In The Colorado Rockies
Hmmm. I tried powder coating it in my small oventoday, and it did not work so well. I will be checking with my powdercoater tomorrow to see what they will charge me to do a few of them. I was shooting for the $50 range, but it may be a little more since Ican't powder coat them myself.

Is anyone else interested in one of these? I’m going to do one for myself, and one eachfor crank and SummitUp. If anyone elseis interested now would be the time, and it may help us get a break on thepowder coat.
Scarsman, have you had any progress on this? How about an update!
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
Sorry! I should have updated. I have them here waiting to go to the powder coater with a roof rack. The rack customer added some things to the rack which added a little build time to it. I am waiting on some parts for the rack and then I am hoping to have it finished and ready for powder coat in a week. I'll keep y'all updated when they go in on here.

Sorry again!
 

SummitUp

High On Hummers!
Messages
114
Location
High In The Colorado Rockies
WooHoo! I just received my custom metal rear cargo tray from Scarsman! :woot:

Amazing quality, powder coated black, has tie down brackets to keep that tool box (or whatever) from falling off when off-roading, and I love the built in HUMMER logo... truly one of a kind! I can't wait to install this and throw away my cheesy broken OEM GM POS plastic tray. Here's some pics of the tray, and I'll post a few more pics of it installed after this weekend.

Thanks Robert, you 'da man! :thumbs:

H2Tray-1_zps119e5ac4.jpg~original


H2Tray-2_zps999581e6.jpg~original


H2Tray-3_zps5bc75244.jpg~original


H2Tray-4_zpsd4a6ed2d.jpg~original


Edit: finally got around to installing the tray! :)

TrayInstalled_zps8bc55097.jpg~original
 
Last edited:

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
Glad it made it there! It is definitely a solid piece, eh? ;)

If you have any suggestions for future models let me know!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk
 

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
You got some great talent there big guy! It looks fantastic! Built well and looks outstanding! Top quality!
Thanks again Scarsman.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

fyr145

Member
Messages
5
Location
Arizona
Any more available???

Glad it made it there! It is definitely a solid piece, eh? ;)

If you have any suggestions for future models let me know!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

NICE BOX!!! Definitely better than the plastic OEM ones. You wouldn't just happen to have another one made just sitting around do you???? I would be interested in getting one if you're planning on making a few more..................:)
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
Actually, I was planning to make another batch of them. Someone found this on Google and bought the extra one I made, so I ended up without! So, yes, I'll make more.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk
 

fyr145

Member
Messages
5
Location
Arizona
Actually, I was planning to make another batch of them. Someone found this on Google and bought the extra one I made, so I ended up without! So, yes, I'll make more.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to make them. Let us know when you have a couple of them made. If the price is right, I'm in for one of them!!!
 
Top