• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

So Cal trail runs.

rascole

I haven't posted in this section for a long time so I thought I would give a little update on a couple of runs I did this past month. I usually tag a long with a local group called Dirtnation. 3 weeks ago we did Odessa/Doran loop in Calico, it has been a while since I ran this and it did not disappoint. Only a handful of obstacles but they can be nerve racking. Last week we did a last minute run through Cleghorn hard lines only. This is my normal trail and have done it a hundred times, but never hard lines only. This proved to be very nerve challenging because the obstacles are so rutted out and washed out they will put you off camber and tippy with no way out. We came across a Jeep LJ that had rolled going down the Chute the previous day and he helped flip it back over so they can tow it off. Was even news worthy because they airlifted the driver out due to inquires. Oh Shit Creek lived up to its name and caused a few to bail out the nearest exit. Will need to plan a So Cal trip back out when our schedules can align.
Cbetts, Kurt, 2dr H3, Panzer and any other locals, let's go.

1705611517068.png

1705611537567.png

Kurt

I'm trying to get a free weekend to go somewhere. I'm most likely good for the week for the upcoming hurricane trip. Looking at rentals at the moment.

I may be going up to big bear this weekend [holiday weekend with monday off], depends on what my friends up there are doing [I got 2 friends with vacation homes up there].

rascole

I'm trying to get a free weekend to go somewhere. I'm most likely good for the week for the upcoming hurricane trip. Looking at rentals at the moment.

I may be going up to big bear this weekend [holiday weekend with monday off], depends on what my friends up there are doing [I got 2 friends with vacation homes up there].
I am a 50/50 on going to BB on the 9th with a small group to run Gold Mountain. Depends on the weather and snow, I hate wheeling in the snow, it hides bad things. I might be planning another Cleghorn run 3/16 or 3/23 to take with a couple of co-workers, one is a newb and he wants to learn slowly. If you are interested let me know.