• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

So I test drove a Rubicon today ...

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Messages
1,390
Location
Rockford IL
I love the Wranglers, especially the Rubicon, I disagree that it is cheaper to just get a regular. While you may price it out and find to yourself that it is cheaper, you still have to hunt down all the part, install it by yourself or worse find someone compedent and, then double check that nothing breaks. Where as if you just sleeve the axles tubes, brace a few things and replace the axle shaft with some strong ones your fine, unless you need to run bigger than 37's but you really should just build a buggy once you reach that point. AND the biggest thing is that you have nice neat factory buttons for the lockers and the coolest thing, an automatic swaybar disconnect.

But all that is besides the point, I like my Hummer because it's an SUV where Off-Roading is part of it name not just something implied, I'm looking at you patriot and Compass Jeep, and I really have no replacement in the future right now it. I understand your pain guys, I personally hope that I can get a 2010 H3 in 5 years with 40k on the odometer, but I'm scared that I won't have any vehicle that I want to buy after that. Well, besides maybe the Ford Raptor. But the thing is, GM hopefully knows that they can't put out any serious off-road contenders under their name, because it would be joke, just like the Dodge equivalent of the Raptor that cost more 35K+ than the Raptor and isn't a factory build vehicle. It's all custom installed and like all of those dealer ship labors actually understand how to install it and dial in all the number perfectly.

So my point is if you don't want to read all of that, I like Jeep Wrangler, it drives off-road great, but I don't want one. I think the Hummer brand will come back, but we have our work cut out as owners to do it. We have to show what the brand is really for. (that chromed out ****, with dubs, and more money than common sense needs to go.)
 
Last edited:

Tractordoll

Well-Known Member
Messages
130
Location
Western massachusetts
I'm a Jeep guy at heart (owned and wheeled 5 of them). If they sold a viable replacement for my T, ie - 4-door 4 seat Wrangler Rubicon pick-up w/nicer interior and better ride I'd buy one. Honestly, with no H3Ts being made, when mine starts getting long in the tooth I'd buy any 4 seat Rubicon pick-up if they made it - utilitarian interior and marginal ride quality and all.

Jeep is supposed to be working on a pickup based on the wrangler. One vehicle I like is the Jeep FC concept vehicle. That truck would be fun to play with for a while.
http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/jeep/FC.html
 

skeptic

Well-Known Member
Messages
737
Location
Orygun
Jeep is supposed to be working on a pickup based on the wrangler. One vehicle I like is the Jeep FC concept vehicle. That truck would be fun to play with for a while.
http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/jeep/FC.html
Pass on the FC. Looks way too ugly and front heavy, although it's just a concept so whatever may get to the dealers will be quite different. I've heard rumors of a wrangler based pickup, seen concept vehicles, but until they hit dealerships I'm not holding my breath. You can always go the AEV conversion route. I think they are supposed to come out with the AEV Brute double cab (very H3T-ish) by the end of the year, but I'd only consider it if it were made by Jeep with a pricetag near that of an Unlimited, not the $80k+ price people are guessing at.
 
Top