• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Tire Poll Whats on your rig??

3rdH3

Well-Known Member
Messages
218
Location
Blacksburg, VA
I stayed with the OEM 285 Bridgestones. They are discontinued and I got 4 of the last of the run. I have not mounted them yet. I have 50K on the H3 and should get another 10k which will just about be wintertime and a good time for new tires. I plan to work my spare into the rotation this time. The 09's and 10's with the solid 7 spoke chrome wheels, had an alloy for the spare. I found a brand new chrome one with center cap on ebay and got it for $118.00 Also bought a TPMs sensor so I am ready when the time comes. My logic was that this time I only needed to buy 4 and use my spare up before it's age makes me feel uncomfortable with it on. I was happy with the OEM Bridgestones so I said why not. My next set will be 305 Duratracs.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
285 Duratracs for my on-road, in city commuting and off road snow runs. 315 (35") KM2s for offroad rock/desert wheeling..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
I already modded the KIA - added a 6" lift to be able to use the tires from the T. Didn't want to have to buy new shoes for the KIA. You will have to register on KIA4x4offroad to read my build thread!
 

PCH2

Well-Known Member
Messages
222
Location
Park City, UT
Ran BFG A/T on SUT, loved them on the street, Moab, snow. Ran BFG MT KM2 in the 3. They were great for street,snow and Moab also. Got 50-60K from both. Now running BFG A/T on the 2 SUV, been running the BFG's for so long , i don't want to change. Getting them through Discount Tire with warranty, we never had to worry.

sent from within the "Cone of Silence" at Control Headquarters, that can only be reached in a Hummer.
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
2B4EF261-D9A1-44D5-A171-85F8785C99F7-1794-0000018A570093A2.jpg


40" IROKs. :D


"Ex Umbris Venimus"
 
Last edited:

mudbug

trail blazer
Messages
232
Location
Brighton,Co
H3 35" bfg KM2
H2 37" super swamper M16
Jeep 35" Fierce M/T
so far love them all. Excellent wear and great street manners.
 

MaxPF

AGNTSA
Messages
1,394
Location
The dark side of the globe
1st set of tires were nearly-worn-out 32" Dunlop Radial Rover ATs. Meh...

2nd set were el-cheapo 33" Mud Kings (made by BFG). They worked well, but the sidewalls are T-H-I-N! They were nearly worn out when a sorta sharp rock finished one of 'em off.

3rd set were 37" Dick Cepek Radial FC-IIs. They kicked butt off-road, but became more unbalanced/out of round on road as they aged/wore. This seems to be an issue with all 37" tires that fit 15" rims, which probably helps explain why nobody except a couple off-road tire manufacturers make tires larger than 35" for 15" rims anymore. I have 17" rims now, and I would probably buy these tires again. The only downside, as with all more agressive tires, are lack of sipes. They suck in packed snow and ice...

Current tires are 35" BFG Mall Terrains. They are 80%ers that were already mounted on the H2 wheels I bought (the seller put gagomatic chrome 22" blingies with lo-pro street meats on his H2 - I lied and told him they looked great :p) We all know their good and bad points. I will run 'em until a new tire fund is built up, then it's back to 37's.

I have experience with Cooper STTs, Goodyear MT/Rs with Kevlar, various Interco/Super Swampers, Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers, and Pit Bull Rockers.

STTs: Good tire, sucks in ice/packed snow (as does every other agressive mud/rock tire).

MT/R with Kevlar: Everyone likes 'em. As with other agressive tires, they suck in ice/packed snow.

Interco: My experience is with their bias ply tires, which you do not want for a driver. As a rule they're good tires off road, but most production has been moved to China :(

Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers: Bias ply, so not good for a road warrior. They're soft and grippy but they wear out FAST! Also, if you get a mixture of gasoline and water on 'em they won't grip for crap.

Pit Bull Rockers: My experience is with the bias ply version, but a radial version also exists. Guys like 'em because they work really well in the rocks, but they wear quickly. The radials last longer, but don't expect BFG AT life out of 'em. Most guys are probably better served with the Maddog or Growler, but if max off road performance is what you want then the radial Rocker is the way to go. I have no idea where they're made though...
 
Last edited:
Top