• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Waterless coolant

citiboy

Well-Known Member
Messages
223
Location
Quebec
Hey guys, just want to know if anyone tried this product. All i see we're positive reviews.

Evans Waterless Coolant.

I'm due to replace the coolant on my H2 and H3, manual says 240k km (150k miles) or 5 years whichever comes first.


Thanks!
 
Last edited:

Fish

Well-Known Member
Messages
871
Location
San Diego, CA
Haven't heard of it but as a chemical engineer it sounds very interesting. Comparing it to pure water isn't a good comparison as a coolant/water mixture significantly raises the boiling point of water, but if it does better than the mixture it may be worth it.

I'm due for a coolant flush so I may look into it.
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
I'll keep running the dex cool. Haven't had an issue yet and knock on wood havent had an issue yet. 180k on the clock. Why change now?
 

Fish

Well-Known Member
Messages
871
Location
San Diego, CA
I'm at 48k miles and I have never changed the coolant in the 5 years I have had it, it an 05 and I'm pretty sure the coolant is probably original. I'm guessing it's due...and yha, so far no issues with dex cool
 

citiboy

Well-Known Member
Messages
223
Location
Quebec
Just replaced the dexcool with Evans waterless coolant...so far so good...i can remove the reservoir cap without any pressure with the engine temperature at 210f.


Gotta do the H3 soon.


Will report back with the long time result.
 

benlaud87

Well-Known Member
Messages
849
Location
Maryland
Just checked out their site, let us know how it goes. I may consider this the next time I need to do a coolant flush.
 
Top