• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What's on the HUMMER to-do list?

Pappibri

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,611
Location
Cohoctah, MI
Just put on wheel bearings on the front, upper control arms, rear tail light guards.... Now I am still waiting to do my winch... I do not want to mount it on the outside, so I have been delayed because I want to mount it behind the factory setup like someone else has done, but dont think I am capable by myself without screwing it up...:roll:
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
well since my last post on what to do I took care of 2 bad boots on the halfshafts, taking care of my CI diff w/ locker.

Still have 4 blown shocks

Still get out the stripped and seized o2 sensor...its been a total bitch.
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
5160s up front, 5100s rear. Daystar body lift, electric exhaust cutouts, paint all the external plastics (bumpers, pillars, louvre, etc..) textured black. Underbody rust protection, steering bushings, diff bushings, cover king seat covers, programming and re-gearing front and rear diffs to (sadly) 4.56 - unless an options comes up soon making me hold abit on this one since I'd rather get 4.88s
Im only starting this now since Ill be coming out of warrenty and wld no longer care about the dealer!
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
A sawzall, a new O2 bung, and a welder will have you back in business quite quickly (I used a side grinder, but determined it'd have been easier with a sawzall)

I'm just about at that point. Welded an o2 socket on it and it started to move then the wrench broke. I have never had such a problem with an o2 sensor before....
 

LagunaH1

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,730
Location
Idaho
Current list (seems to be ever changing):

T-Case issue
Find which bearing is making noise
Fix that bearing
New brake pads
 

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
428
Location
Lafayette, La
H3 currently at my mechanics shop. New spark plugs and water pump. Also having him cleaning the throttle body and Mass Air Flow Sensor. while it's there. (LOL, Yeah I'm lazy)

Oil being changed this weekend. Royal Purple. FTW!

As well, Front/Rear diff and transfer case. Royal Purple.

Need new rotors and break pads.

Front end is a bit loose. Need to replace steering rack.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Installing my Christmas season shocks...since replacing the summer air with winter air in my tires, now it's time to install a new set of red Christmas-colored shocks on my T. These are the OEM GM H3 Rod Hall Championship Edition shocks for the V8 adventure/Off-road (firm ride). I didn't even know that these were still available. Thank you Zack for finding these for me, I plan to install these with shock extenders on my torsion-lifted T. Time to replace the worn-out Bilsteins. It will be interesting to see how these shocks ride compared to the OEM base/non-adventure shocks and the Bilsteins.
 
Last edited:

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
Nice looking shocks. Be sure to tell us how they work out. Maybe Zach can find another set?

Apparently my next project will be quick release anti-sway bar linkages, since I broke another one. I think I've broken 4 now. I'm going to go with the quick disconnect linkage and disconnect them when I go off road. Anybody remember which make and model quick disconnect linkage works on the H3/H3T? I started searching but so far no luck with the search terms.
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Nice looking shocks. Be sure to tell us how they work out. Maybe Zach can find another set?

Apparently my next project will be quick release anti-sway bar linkages, since I broke another one. I think I've broken 4 now. I'm going to go with the quick disconnect linkage and disconnect them when I go off road. Anybody remember which make and model quick disconnect linkage works on the H3/H3T? I started searching but so far no luck with the search terms.

I'd like to know this as well!!!
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
After this weekends snow wheelin' trip... I have identified that Tires and on the hot list.... never got stuck but man did I have lots of wheel spin!
 

Big Mike

Well-Known Member
Messages
214
Location
The Republik of Upstate New York..
Front shocks are here but I don't believe the temp outside has made it out of the teens yet plus its windy....

maybe I'll save that little project for another day.. :roll:


ETA- rear 5100's just arrived and still has not warmed up any.. :no:

ETA x 2- 315's have been delivered.. :thumbs:
 
Last edited:

06-3

Well-Known Member
Messages
60
Location
Edwardsville ,Illinois
Next job is to install these here lights.....

http://www.screencast.com/users/Starhound/folders/Snagit/media/a318049d-d35d-447e-95f6-9aa434ada673

does anyone besides our friend Ed have these installed ? I have tried getting the lamps out as there are some other lamps out there in the HB3 series...they are 9005 HB3 ...they will not turn , they are so freeking tight...I am afraid of breaking one off...has anyone ever changed lamps in these...they have the three ears on the base just like headlight bulbs....????
 

digglesworth

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,789
Location
illinois
Installing my Christmas season shocks...since replacing the summer air with winter air in my tires, now it's time to install a new set of red Christmas-colored shocks on my T. These are the OEM GM H3 Rod Hall Championship Edition shocks for the V8 adventure/Off-road (firm ride). I didn't even know that these were still available. Thank you Zack for finding these for me, I plan to install these with shock extenders on my torsion-lifted T. Time to replace the worn-out Bilsteins. It will be interesting to see how these shocks ride compared to the OEM base/non-adventure shocks and the Bilsteins.

Those shocks are so dang sexy.
 

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Finish on board air system. I have most of the parts, just need to dedicate some time. I finally purchased a real compressor that is 100% duty cycle. I have a five gallon tank to replace the one gallon model that came with my Wolo setup. Also going to install valves to allow me to use the compressor to air tires directly.
 
Last edited:
Top