• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H4O Event - Last Chance Canyon - October 22nd, 2011

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Put me in the maybe column. I'm making this trip the carrot for cleaning out my house in Diamond Bar.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Maybe squared. I mention it to Colleen. She preferrs trips with more driving and less spotting. She would have liked the second day at Bishop.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Maybe squared. I mention it to Colleen. She preferrs trips with more driving and less spotting. She would have liked the second day at Bishop.

Well, LCC is quite rocky but you can take Mesquite Canyon to get up to Burro Schmidt Tunnel if you want to take her by yourself later. That road is suitable for just about any vehicle.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
The tunnel is interesting as is the borax mine. Trying to do both in one day will make it a long day but it can be done.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Definitely not up for doing the Burro Schmindt tunnel again. My head still hurts from the last time in there. You can sure tell when he got older and hunched over near the end of the tunnel.

JRWid

JR glad to see you have the fever again.

Yes, it's been too long. Had a great time, even though day was short. Would have loved to join you and the crew in Moab again, just can't manage to get away for that long yet - hopefully next year!

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Ok guys I got the day off work! that was the biggest obstacle, my parents are gonna be around the 22nd and I am supposed to watch my youngest sister. Shes 10. They never said I cant watch her at last chance canyon...lol I will double check with them to see if its ok that I take her but I assume it wont be a problem

cbetts

NERD!!!
Ok guys I got the day off work! that was the biggest obstacle, my parents are gonna be around the 22nd and I am supposed to watch my youngest sister. Shes 10. They never said I cant watch her at last chance canyon...lol I will double check with them to see if its ok that I take her but I assume it wont be a problem

Glad you can make it! It is fun watching people revisit trail that they "cut their teeth" on. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Zach's reactions to revisiting Bishop.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Always interesting to run a trail again in a different vehicle also. I have run numerous trails in H1s and then run them in the H3 or vice versa. Pretty interesting.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Always interesting to run a trail again in a different vehicle also. I have run numerous trails in H1s and then run them in the H3 or vice versa. Pretty interesting.

Or at least in the same vehicle but a different configuration. I am looking forward to taking LCC with the 35" KM2s.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Zach

Mall Crawler
Glad you can make it! It is fun watching people revisit trail that they "cut their teeth" on. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Zach's reactions to revisiting Bishop.

You enjoyed it? That trip is what got me hooked. Nothing like going back to the first trail you ran with the group. Love Bishop even though it isn't that technical. Although the first time up Wheeler Ridge was kind of intimidating for me :emb:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I feel the same way about Last Chance Canyon Zach, I remember that was the only thing I talked about for weeks. That trail opened me to the real world of wheeling. It was about time to get off the local fire roads.