• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

06 H3's Squeakin H3 Build

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Then I got the steering rack sleeve but didnt install it until after the rancho lift.

2011-10-11_13-23-49_294.jpg


2011-10-11_18-06-49_148.jpg
 
Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
After this I had a small run with a few friends and my brother to Rowher flats.

299775_2550528613195_1553271386_2733036_426698515_n.jpg


307719_2550511612770_1553271386_2732979_535179692_n.jpg


317481_2550517012905_1553271386_2732997_308483219_n.jpg


378019_2550526733148_1553271386_2733031_1673436928_n.jpg


376843_2550519372964_1553271386_2733004_2073484792_n.jpg


380775_2550509812725_1553271386_2732974_422342121_n.jpg


386449_2550518572944_1553271386_2733001_1020158397_n.jpg


As I wanted to take into consideration that I lean quite a bit this was an area to test it out. I do believe I lean more then others without the spare but I do not think its as obvious and as much of a concern that I make it out to be...

386240_2550520172984_1553271386_2733007_1651883413_n.jpg


391214_2550515572869_1553271386_2732992_55161770_n.jpg
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
During this run I took a steep hill climb and heard a huge clunk in the rear. I freaked out seeing I had the locker on and thought I blew up the rear end. Luckily it was just my gas tank skid hitting my driveshaft. Pulled it off on the trail and drove home. I straightened it out and put it back on a few days later.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Next run was the last chance canyon run with H4O. That was the first run I had ever brought out duke and molly, the two dogs. Duke was well behaved as he sat in the back and enjoyed the ride. Molly on the other hand (the little yorkie) couldnt sit still. Constantly on my lap and even threw up on me! She will not be going on another run with me. Duke is always welcome though haha.

This run I had no changes to the hummer. She basically stood this way until december.

Craig gave us the scare for the day as we thought he was going to flop backwards...

Here is molly...

DSC00674.jpg


DSC00707.jpg


DSC00716.jpg


DSC00724.jpg


DSC00725.jpg
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
This brought us to the last major run we did. Again no major changes but a fun run nonetheless.

Dome springs 11/26/11

Meeting up: 4x4 galore!

2011-11-26_08-32-33_655.jpg


2011-11-26_16-24-26_777.jpg


2011-11-26_11-43-00_205.jpg


2011-11-26_13-54-53_711.jpg


As we approached "the squeeze" we got the ZJ through and then the rover tried to get through. He blew an airline to his front locker and broke the carrier in the rear diff...we stopped to eat.

2011-11-26_13-34-50_863.jpg


Running this trail a few months ago I broke my grille. Guess what I found!?!?!

2011-11-26_12-22-02_977.jpg


all of us minus the rover

2011-11-26_17-09-58_147.jpg


A random shot of my brother

2011-11-26_14-51-05_448.jpg


And me...

392246_296880953668637_100000402049023_979550_353923441_n.jpg
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
So enough with pictures and trail runs. Now back to the build and what my next mod was...The rancho lift!

I was very skeptical of the rancho lift at first but with talking to ReconH3 and Timgco I went for it. Tim hooked me up with the lift and I did the install myself. It wasnt a tough install but it dragged on and on...

Here are some pics of that.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Here is the full write up but most of you have seen it

http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/for...7-06-H3-s-Rancho-build!&highlight=rancho+lift

I am currently having problems with the rear springs sagging. I have gotten 2 sets of rancho springs and they are still sagging. I am having deaver build me a set of leaf springs and should be done sooner then later. I have 32 days to get squeaky ready for her voyage to moab! Lots of stuff to do and I cant even give a full review on the rancho lift performance off road. Currently the ride on road is great in the front, very smooth and stable but the rear sucks from bottoming out. Deaver will solve that though :)

T bar crank and 35's

387257_2530572996143_1608031727_2380628_1128135679_n.jpg


Rancho lift with aftermarket hitch on that prevented the shackles from sagging...

2012-01-18_08-55-39_119.jpg


Rancho lift with sagging rear

2012-02-04_16-16-46_31.jpg


Stock with 32's next to 4in lift and 35's this is with sagging rear end.

2012-02-20_18-20-10_834.jpg


H3 w/ 4in lift next to JK 4.5in AEV lift and 35's

2012-01-29_16-25-31_226.jpg
 

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
Messages
765
Location
Colorado
nice pics Chris! looking forward to see how the Deaver's work out. If not, the updated Racnho Springs a few weeks out still.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Well the week in moab really taught me a lot about my truck and how to drive. With that its time for more mods! lol. First thing is my tires, they were the biggest liability. I went to moab with racing slicks...Reloader had brand new duratracs and I had duratracs that have seen better days. We had the exact setups, rear locker, no adv. t case. His tires just gripped and mine didnt. So tires are on the list. A 4:1 Transfer case is on the list as it will create less drama with steep climbs, higher spring rate torsion bars, Cast Iron front diff w/ a front locker. Upgraded axle brace bushings from Preferred Chassis, upgraded crossmember bushing, 2nd steering rack mount to really keep that sucker still, and possibly looking into modifying the front axle brace from a single mount to the frame to the double mounted colorado design.

Once I get these mods done and get more experience behind the wheel I want to start pushing the truck to tougher moab trails like cliffhanger and golden spike. I also need that hells gate sticker so I will do that too :)
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Ill start with hells gate and go from there :)

If I come back with a 4:1 and new tires neo said I am more then capable. I rode up the gate with alex also so I can get a feel for the obstacle.
 

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Messages
3,518
Location
Black Hawk, SD
Ill start with hells gate and go from there :)

If I come back with a 4:1 and new tires neo said I am more then capable. I rode up the gate with alex also so I can get a feel for the obstacle.

I wasn't scared of Hells Gate until I rode with Alex, maybe I should have rode with David?:wink:
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
been busy with life since moab so I havent had much time to get working on squeaky but today I found some time.

I finally installed the double cardian driveshaft and painted the locking gas cap red :) Letting it dry then I will install it. I also cranked the torsion bars up a tad seeing I was sitting too low.

2012-05-01_15-59-37_95.jpg


Just for you moab guys. . . the infamous grease gun!

2012-05-01_15-59-42_741.jpg


2012-05-01_16-42-11_128.jpg


T bar crank some more

2012-05-01_16-41-38_406.jpg


Its still hitting!!! I know in the rancho directions it states that it will rest on the bumpstop just a tad at ride height. Before it was smashed on there, now its just resting on it. Im wondering if I installed the bumpstop bracket a tad off of where it should be, it does look normal compared to everyone elses bumpstop bracket placement though.

2012-05-01_16-42-02_89.jpg


2012-05-01_16-47-19_877.jpg


2012-05-01_16-50-30_652.jpg
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
I need to get a picture of the transfer case sticker...It says the build date, June 3rd 2005...Holy **** that case is 7 years old!
 

Pappibri

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,611
Location
Cohoctah, MI
About them pictures at the beginning of the thread. Somebody in a little jeep actually laughed at a Hummer... When I see those little Cherokee's I usually laugh... Way to show them what a Hummer is all about..
 
Top