• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

A Time for Choosing

RuggedH2

Web Wheeler
In my view, our nation sure could use another leader like Ronald Reagan.

Obama isn't even in the conversation.

[video=youtube;tpH5L8zCtSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpH5L8zCtSk&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

D

Dennis

Amen Brother...:am8:

Obama nation........say it real fast and it sounds like ......"abomination"

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
X4!

Great video! It's all pretty simple - fight or surrender - only one of these choices will ensure survival of one's freedom and dignity!

Pappibri

Always loved Ronald Reagan. Will we ever be blessed with a real President again, instead of the Poseurs we have had as of late???? Time will tell. Its a critical time in the U.S. and if we dont get one soon, I think the U.S. is in for a world of hurt...

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately there was only one Reagan. I don't see anyone even on the horizon in either party that can even approach Reagan's status or statesmanship. These guys are all party hacks more interested in their own power than the health of the nation. I have a book of quotes on my office bookshelf from Reagan. I got it at the Reagan Presidential Library when I took my dad there a few years back. It is amazing how many times I have loaned that book out. Lots of plain old common sense in that book.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
...and I agree! The runner-up's aren;t looking that great. what can we expect? I'm hoping a better dirrection than where we're at now!

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I say we put Rugged and 3 HUMMERS in the White House. $hit's gett'n handled than!!!!:thumbs:

Id vote for them. Who's prez and who's VP? Haha

Govt motors, will you start the production of H4s?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guarantee you that there would be lots of straight talk and tough decisions made. I am not a politician so I would be a one term guy most likely and the results of all the hard choices we made would take some time to become apparent. Still, that is what this country needs, some leaders that will do the hard things, the right things, for the long term, not just the next election. Unfortunately the electorate is just as fickle as the Wall Street day traders and that is part of the problem. As a nation we have too many people looking for the easy button.

RuggedH2

Web Wheeler
Leaders lead.

As a people I think we bear some of the responsibility for the group of "leaders" we have to choose from.

I have a print of the Lincoln Memorial on the wall of my office, It is captioned and says; Leaders take people where they want to go, Great leaders take people where they ought to be.

These lines in Reagan's speech are particularly impressive to me... and I can barely imagine a politician saying in these current times...

They say the world has become too complex for simple answers. They are wrong. There are no easy answers, but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right. Winston Churchill said that "the destiny of man is not measured by material computation. When great forces are on the move in the world, we learn we are spirits-not animals." And he said, "There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty."

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Last edited:

DJinCO

Agree. My other favorite President and leader is Theodore Roosevelt.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first and love of soft living and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”
Theodore Roosevelt

RuggedH2

Web Wheeler
Agree. My other favorite President and leader is Theodore Roosevelt.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
Theodore Roosevelt

I have that one framed on the wall too Doug. Teddy Roosevelt was before our time, but he is another that was easy to respect.

We all have our time here... I wish the leaders of our country today recognized the greatness and history they have inherited. We used to believe in our destiny.

Some of us still do.