• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H2 steps--Holy Smokes they sold for $1K!

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Messages
1,545
Location
El Centro, Mehico (Way So Cal)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190717989301?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Hope the link above works. This was the set originally posted on Ebay for BIN at $1200 and somebody posted up thinking the guy lost his mind. They relisted and sold at $1000 with $60 shipping!

I've got a brand new set in my garage that I've been tripping over meaning to put on my deuce while the set that came off of it was headed for Ebay. I've really got to rethink how I want to go about this. I'm almost thinking I don't want steps any more and sell both sets--I might be able to pay the deuce off in steps alone!
 

BW_Hummer H3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,089
Location
Texas
How could you not buy them...only $60 to ship them!:wink:

Why would anyone pay that much for steps?
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
I need to go out and buy an H2 just to get in on this once in a lifetime opportunity!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint.
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
They are so hard to find now. Especially ones that are new or excellent condition. They have been discontinued for a few years. Sold a set a year ago that went for $750, bidders got into a war. And they were not anywhere near perfect. And noted in the auction. Still have a set in case I put my truck back to stock. Twinmill, you got gold right there. Wanna trade for some chrome? Lmao
 

Medic_Morgan

Well-Known Member
Messages
392
Location
San Diego, CA
Hahaha those sold by my place!!! If you want me to sell your steps for $999 then send them to me ;) I'll only request 10% commission hehe
 

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Messages
1,545
Location
El Centro, Mehico (Way So Cal)
Hey Zach this set I got was listed on the forum for a couple weeks before I stepped in and bought them. I wasn't in the mood or the money at the time to buy them. I'm really burned out on shipping them, they are a real pain in the butt to deal with!
Then when I did buy them, the guy took forever to get them sent out, I'd actually just asked him to send my money back, I was ready to write them off. I really didn't want to deal with it, but he put them in the mail that day.

As for trading for chrome, I don't think the bank would appreciate me walking in and dropping a bunch of bling on the counter saying I want to pay off my deuce!
 

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Messages
1,545
Location
El Centro, Mehico (Way So Cal)
Thats exaxtly why I'm looking to rig up some locks on my u-steps..has anybody else done this?

I haven't--but it's been on my mind. I sent a message to the guy on Ebay last night asking $222 for one step and asked if it included hardware (his feedback reflected twice that people had received steps no hardware). His reply back was that it did, and he would include a locking knob if I wanted. I have no idea what kind of locking knob that would be
 

Fish

Well-Known Member
Messages
871
Location
San Diego, CA
You can get the thumb screws from Mcmaster-Carr, somebody just needs to verify the thread size.

There is a cotter pin that secures the thumb screw thru the rock rails, I'm thinking replacing the cotter pin with a lock...best I can think of so far is a luggage lock. It will fit the hole in the factory thumb screw. Not the strongest but it will stop the random theif.
 
Top