• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What have you done with your HUMMER lately?

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Messages
1,997
Location
In hiding.....
Does thinking count? Such as upper control arms, lower arms' bushings ball joints. But it is at that thinking stage since it is too damn hot and I'm getting too damn old.:giggle:

And maybe a PCM tune just for kicks. But pulling the ECM and TCM is very easy even for an old guy in the desert heat.
 

High Five H2

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,627
Location
West Texas
I started seeing a girl recently, and I took her out off roading. We found some cool abandoned stuff and I bashed up the nerf bars (first carnage!) on some rocks. I was going to take them off anyways. They make no sense to me. The rock bent the bar backwards and it was rubbing the tire so I had to bend it forward again on the side of the highway using my tire iron. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to do it. She had a ton of fun off roading and then was pretty impressed with my ingenuity and cool head :) I think she's a keeper, too, if that's how she reacts to bashing up a car.

Next on the list - installing the stereo stuff I bought when I have a free afternoon, putting in a daystar dash thing and OEM rubber cargo mat, and then getting rid of all the chrome.
 

chad

Well-Known Member
Messages
545
Location
florida
We've been going stand up paddle boarding and kayaking this summer. I use the paddle board and Carrie uses the kayak. We usually go to Oceanside Harbor or Mission Bay in SD. We started feeling bad leaving Bandit ( our Aussie) at home so we got him a boat which Carrie tows behind the kayak. I have to admit its pretty F'n cute with him in the boat :)

Loading the board and kayak on top of the Hummer is always fun but its worth it.



View attachment 11874View attachment 11873View attachment 11875View attachment 11876View attachment 11877

love your aussie! we got one too, red and white, and he loves to go out when we do! great idea for the tow behind boat! nice looking truck too!
 

WillieMo

Well-Known Member
Messages
442
Location
Miami, FL
New OEM brakes & Bilstein 5100's all around... New Bump Stops... H3 ride greatly improved with the new shocks... very happy :)
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,670
Location
Scottsdale
Next on the list - installing the stereo stuff I bought when I have a free afternoon, putting in a daystar dash thing and OEM rubber cargo mat, and then getting rid of all the chrome.
Might want to think twice about getting rid of the chrome. Saw a truth-telling patch on a biker's jacket a while back: "Chrome doesn't get you home, but it does get you laid" :)
 

theindian

Well-Known Member
Messages
71
Location
kc area
Had the tranny flushed, dealer found a leak in the radiator. (#2 in 1 yr.) Replaced under warranty, finished the budget winch mount and installed the mount and the winch. Battery replacement to a optima or platinum next.
 

theindian

Well-Known Member
Messages
71
Location
kc area
Nothing fancy alrock, its a $7 swap meet find. A new in the box Badlands winch plate, I welded on some5/16" dog ears for mounting post with 1/4" gussets. The winch is a Warn VR10,000s that has been laying around the garage for a few mos.
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,835
Location
Bellflower, CA
Just had BFG AT 315s installed 2 days ago and spent a good 4 hours under neath installing Vision X rock lights ( I'll post a separate thread). Realized my diff cross member bushing is wasted. Next project I guess.
 

High Five H2

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,627
Location
West Texas
Ok, i finally got my factory roof lights and grille lights put in after having those stupid boxes lay around my house for a month or whatever. I'm not going to lie, the roof lights look like bunny rabbit ears. That's ok, i guess. I also finally did that daystar console thing and a cell phone phone. it's not a driver's seat anymore, it's a command center! ha ha.. also i put in one of those ipod adapters. now, i just need that handgun holster, a rifle rack, and those backpack seat back things i'll be done with the interior. i painted the lower bumper and front skid plate black while i was at it (no, not plasti-dip. i had some por-15 laying around from when i had a toyota. now i ruined my favorite skynet shirt... but i guess that's my own fault for wearing it. oh well).

Just out of curiosity, if i were to get a bumper and roof rack with off road lights, would I be able to wire those into the factory wiring so that my grill guard lights come on with the grill lights do? i figure a new relay, higher amp fuse, what else? i'm not an electrical expert...
 

Expendable

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,025
Location
Burbank, CA
Washed the eggs off that were thrown on it sometime over the weekend. now there's stains (I hope not, i'll try to wax em off soon) on the paint.
 

owlxxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
345
Location
Tehachapi, CA
Washed the eggs off that were thrown on it sometime over the weekend. now there's stains (I hope not, i'll try to wax em off soon) on the paint.
Our H3 had eggs thrown at it too, but this was a few years ago. It took some of the paint by the time we found it.
 

bendyprissy

Well-Known Member
Messages
290
Location
Near Houston, TX
First, put on the crossbars for the kayak - that was interesting. And took off the roof marker lights to trade with SolarFlare for his off-road lights. That's hubby's white blazer/off-road project in the background. Then I put on the off-road lights - exactly what I wanted! Thanks SolarFlare! Funny how my stepdaughter thought it looked like a frog after that. :)

Crossbars.jpgOff-road lights.jpg
 
Last edited:

Neo

Badfish
Messages
1,666
Location
Brookings, OR
I went camping along the river with the 3 and used it to haul the kayak back up river to camp each day, and i take it to the lake 4 or 5 days a week...the short boat fits inside, if i put some crossbars on i can haul both boats thanks Bendy

:cheers:steve2013 010.jpgIMAG0855-1.jpg
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Ill try to make my own or see when Brodie gets back. I wanted to see if scarsman can replicate them but I don't know if they are any left around
 

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Finally made a video of the short stroke shifter in action. I have been meaning to do this for a long time.
[video=youtube;kurYtEWXSVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kurYtEWXSVU[/video]
 
Top