• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Yaw sensor replacement.

rascole

Who has replaced the yaw sensor under the drivers seat? I tried to search here but the dreaded 3 letter word can't be used. I've been troubleshooting some ABS gremlins and this is my next stop. There is a huge price difference from $65 to $400. I started with the trusty Amazon $65 part for the easy return.

atvspeed4

I have on my former h3T I went ac delco I believe ebay was cheapest at the time but I usually compare rockauto, ebay and amazon for that stuff. What is the fault code you are reading?

rascole

I am not finding any codes, could be my Torque app doesn't recognize it too. But the Service Stab System warning is on. With the app I can read all 4 ABS speed and from what I can find online, this may be the cause. Not positive but it may have gotten wet at some point. Changing it today hope it works.

atvspeed4

I vaguely remember having to use tech2 to force clear the abs code after replacing the sensor might have to take battery terminals off and touch together first. The china tech2 has paid for itself 10x for these sort of things on our fleet of h3s.

rascole

I didn't do the battery trick after I replaced the sensor, will try tonight. The 4x selector module is new also, had a spare in the garage so I tried it out.

08H3

What was the actual code you pulled related to the ABS? Not saying the yaw sensor can’t go bad— it obviously can— but I’m not sure it’s really that common.

rascole

What was the actual code you pulled related to the ABS? Not saying the yaw sensor can’t go bad— it obviously can— but I’m not sure it’s really that common.
No codes that can read with the Torque Pro reader. All 4 ABS sensors are reading the same values when I drive around, that's why I originally ruled that out.

KINGSKILL4U

Check your speed sensors at each wheel. I’ll bet one is either broken or wire has been frayed. If any have a defect traction control light will illuminate and message will read “ABS Fault” “Traction Control Failure”..etc.

rascole

Check your speed sensors at each wheel. I’ll bet one is either broken or wire has been frayed. If any have a defect traction control light will illuminate and message will read “ABS Fault” “Traction Control Failure”..etc.
All 4 tires show speed when driving and no ABS light is lit. Wires were checked several times to verify, all seem good.

KINGSKILL4U

Picked up this OBD reader for my Hummer it picks up on everything. Also, gives you recommendations for fixes as well as links to where you can purchase the parts. BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scan Tool and Check Engine Light Code Reader for iPhone and Android https://a.co/d/9o0dBuy

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Another thing to check is brakes. If there’s some air in the lines it can freak out the booster and trigger some stabiltrac warnings.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Good idea, will bleed them this weekend.
Usually the issue is on the abs side of things, not the typical bleed.

When the SAS was done I’m curious if the brake lines were left on the calipers or not. If the abs pump is drained it will trap air in there. The best way to bleed the abs pump is to use a tech 2 or the redneck way. Find a field, get traction control to engage and it forces it to “bleed” then you bleed the brakes the traditional way. Oe this he other way is jackstands on all 4 corners, get the tires going and spam on the brakes. Engages abs and bleeds the system. Point the vehicle away from the house lol

rascole

Not sure if they were left on but I did have the warning before the SAS. May have been since I replaced the calipers a few years ago. I can't ever remember having the ABS engage so it's worth a try.