ReconH3
Guardian Angel
- Messages
- 2,288
- Location
- Raleigh, NC
I'm running 4.88 with 37s and it handles it very well off and on road.
"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Sent from my iPhone
"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Sent from my iPhone
I'm running 4.88 with 37s and it handles it very well off and on road.
Yeah but, you got Alpha torque. And to think I had the choice and went with the 3.7.....Heavy sigh. :emb:
Do it Hans I wanna see 39's on Barney! That would be awesome
I know who you are talking about and his user name was Alaskantinbender. It was red H3 and had a Rancho Lift, 37" Mickey Thompson MTZ, ARB front bumper, and Safari Snorkel. You are right, it was a 3.5L and it had a 5 speed manual.The only guy I'm aware of that has run 37"s with stock gearing for any length of time, is Alaska-something-something (can't remember his forum name). I'm fairly certain his was a 4.56/3.5L truck.
So Hans, you gonna re-gear to 4.56's? The only guy I'm aware of that has run 37"s with stock gearing for any length of time, is Alaska-something-something (can't remember his forum name). I'm fairly certain his was a 4.56/3.5L truck. I'm sure off-road it would be very usable but, my experience with the 3.7L tells me that you might have some "gear-hunting" issues at high-way speeds...even worse if you pack tools or passengers. Obviously you got more torque but, I wonder how much tire is too much for the V8. Kflips has a 4.56 geared Alpha, right?
Some flat-landers seem to be cool with stock tires but, I got too many hills where I live.