• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Alaska Off Road Warriors (TV Show)

MaxPF

AGNTSA
Watched the first two episodes yesterday...same format as "ICE ROAD TRUCKERS", SWAMP PEOPLE", "DEADLIEST CATCH", etc. It's meant to be entertainment...not competition.

Agree 100%. My only gripe is that it portrays wheelers as a bunch of morons who tear **** up. The gullible masses will actually believe this is "reality" :(

My money is on mullet-boy. Love the FJ!

You don't think the tweakers in the underpowered IFS rig have a chance? :giggle:

SuperBuickGuy

Last edited:

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Yes, that's what you need... Another unfinished project to brag about.. (Sh!t, did I say that out loud?)
survivor-shock.gif

SuperBuickGuy

Yes, that's what you need... Another unfinished project to brag about.. (Sh!t, did I say that out loud?)
survivor-shock.gif

Oh you poor thing, still smarting over your inability to find anything?

Unfinished, huh?
you mean like this one

or this one

or maybe this one

or perhaps you'd forgotten about this one

maybe this one slipped your mind while you were busy getting lost?

man, if you were half as fast as your mouth, you'd be faster than a Veyron.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
SBG, time to log off and put the keyboard away for the night. If things continue to get personal, you will be taking a forced sabbatical.

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Back on topic, watched ep 3 this afternoon, the characters weirdness seemed tuned down, but it felt rushed. Sure wish they had shown more footage.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Guess I need to tune in and watch...or maybe not since it looks like this thread may need some babysitting! [emoji12]

derian06

Red Rockett
Oh you poor thing, still smarting over your inability to find anything?

Unfinished, huh?
you mean like this one

or this one

or maybe this one

or perhaps you'd forgotten about this one

maybe this one slipped your mind while you were busy getting lost?

man, if you were half as fast as your mouth, you'd be faster than a Veyron.

Unleashed the beast...

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
I like it, whish they showed more wheeling. Looks like Wayoflife videos -a lot of talking and not much of wheeling.

SuperBuickGuy

I like it, whish they showed more wheeling. Looks like Wayoflife videos -a lot of talking and not much of wheeling.

I sat through a presentation by some bloke who films his overland adventure (name escapes me), and left impressed with the amount of thought (and hundreds of hours of hard work) that goes into presentation of a story on film. I think they do okay presenting a story, but there's so much more to the story that we don't see... for example, when the meth brothers got stuck on the rock - the others had winched through there before, so why didn't they winch through? or once they were down to simply changing a tire, why didn't they call off the rescue? And why did Jeep guy have to tow the d90 out? where did they tow him to?

All I get from the show is jealousy at them getting to play in the dirt for days on end... still have little desire to go to Alaska, I get enough rain and trees right here...

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only seen the one episode. Casting director could have done a better job, much better. As to my unfinished projects......way too many list.

Best4x4

And now the Rover's out..... He goes back to help save the 4banger 4Runner, and then when his oil line fails again after his horrible first fix everyone quickly says your out. I know it's a race, but man when something like that happens especially after he didn't have to go back and help the 4Runner you'd have thought someone might have offered to help fix his oil line.

That leaves me hoping the Jeep makes it, but I doubt it. It'll probably end up being the 4banger 4Runner lol. Still nice to find a 4x4 type show, but maybe the next season will have a much better cast.

SuperBuickGuy

he ran it out of oil, so it'd spun at least one bearing... so I don't think that anyone could have helped him unless one of them had a spare motor or they wanted to postpone the rest of the run until the motor could be fixed.

I'd have done the same thing, those motors are not readily available in the States, and not cheap to have shipped...

Best4x4

94-97 D90's or NAS Rover's had the Rover version of the Buick 215 V8 the 3.9L and 4.0L in 97. All of my Rover's had the Buick 215 V8 in 3.9, 4.0, and finally a 4.6L. His D90 is older and not a NAS D90 so it's RHD and it has the 300TDI engine. I heard more sounds the first time he noticed no oil pressure. I guess his fancy aftermarket gauge cluster didn't work all that well lol. The 300TDI is kinda rare here in the USA, but he shouldn't have any issues getting it rebuilt or finding parts thru a good Rover Parts Retailer like Atlantic British, or Rover's North. There was also a very good old school Rover Shop in OR/WA and they worked on the older Series I/II/IIA/III/D90's.

Last edited: