• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

You know when you really want something to work... frowny face...

Happy Hummer

You know when you really want something to work and then it doesn't!?
That is exactly what happened for me today. I have been acquiring the necessary items to change out the two rear tires 235/70R16.
2 - Lexani Beast LT235/70R16 tires (check)
1 - Lg. tire iron (remove/install) tool (check)
3 - 16" assorted tire irons H/D (check)
1 - valve core tool (check)
Air compressor, drill, assorted wire brushes, ratchet strap, H/D jack, jack stands, etc...

You then get started and 2 1/2 hrs. later you say F' it and load the stuff in your H3 and drive to the tire shop???

That's the kind of a day I had!
NO matter how I tried I just couldn't make any headway.
I'm not saying the tools completely suck! Just that maybe I suck at changing tires Lol!

H3Hummer

Yes there are some days where you better say from start...hmm no, I'll drive this shit to the shop and let them do it .....You pay, they do it and you relay and drink al cold Bud :cool:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Yeah, I get a little too much confidence sometimes from watching YouTube videos, then reality sets in.

rascole

Yeah, I get a little too much confidence sometimes from watching YouTube videos, then reality sets in.
Watching "Fail Army" videos does not inspire confidence in me. But the right tool always makes a job much easier, sometimes only the mechanic has that tool.

H3Hummer

You're right......but i personal got all tools you need to do your work at home, by yourself , and then THAT day set in.......NO, I don't wanna do this now....I don't have motivation and joy now to do that 🤣🤣🤣

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I did my F550 tires on 19.5 rims, I hear 19.5s are easier but it still is a workout. It is easier to go to a tire shop.

Jeepwalker

Do you have steel rims, or aluminum? I take mine to the local GM dealer and have them Road-Force balanced. If you want a good balance job and don't want yer tires bouncing all over the place, its the only way to go. They charge $75 for 4 wheels.

Most tire techs find a way to short-cut the process and ya end up with a half-a$$'d balance job. A Hunter Road Force balance job pretty much reduces most incompetence and laziness.

CaseyS

My local Firestone will do loose tires $25 ea. Drop them off. Pickup later. No brainier really if it's not on a daily driver.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
yea i had mine unmounted at discount tire, $75 for 5, all was well until they tore one up and had to replace one of them at their cost. Dude clamped it down and just let the machine take it, bead was completely torn up