• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

April 2022 Black Sheep Week - 4/17 to 4/22

JPaul

I'm looking forward to this trip. I finally have a couple halfway decent Juniors to take care of all the day to day stuff so I can hopefully finally have a real vacation.

Zach

Mall Crawler
The pig is fixed and heading out early next week. I’m skipping California. Gas prices and the extra 700 miles. I will
Be bringing some great rib eyes and bacon

Kurt

Wiring up a newly purchased Rubber Duck 4x4 led light bar and rewiring all my non-factory electrics into a separate fuse/relay circuit with a kill switch, taking a few days longer than expected since I'm making sure I got all-weather pack connectors crimped and making sure everything is routed cleanly, hopefully I can wrap that up today.

Wanted to install new window regulators but that can wait until after the trip.

I think we're just taking the Hummer up, in which case I'll be towing the smallest u-haul trailer to carry luggage& stuff, a soft top isn't exactly secure :)

rascole

I had to make a temporary wiring harness for my twin ARB compressor. ARB is sending a replacement but will not be here on time so cut and splice it is. Everything else is good to go.

MilamJR

I am so jealous! Everyone stay safe and have a great time. I will look forward to seeing the pictures and videos. Maybe next year.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

LagunaH1

A quick suggestion for those of you bringing only a hand held GMRS radios, and no mobile radio:

Take a few minutes to learn how to switch between high transmit power and low transmit power. Most likely, the low power setting will be sufficient for when we are in close proximity, and will SIGNIFICANTLY prolong battery life on your hand held radio

Last edited:

Kurt

I picked up the Baofeng 2 pack to use for now, got a chance to use it today in NOAA mode since we had Tornados near us today [about a few miles north of us between Georgetown and Jarrel].

Going to see if u-haul will rent a trailer to us tomorrow in the soft top H1. Technically speaking it shouldn't be an issue but they banned soft top jeeps from towing which turned into "soft top SUV's" but technically speaking my H1 is a class III truck so... if we get the tiny trailer great, if not we'll be convoying up in 2 vehicles instead of just the H1.

Is there an address we can use for parts shipment? I know Neo is out in Oregon now.. I'm thinking if I can't find a few spare parts before I leave on Thursday I'll get them drop shipped somewhere in Moab if there's anyone there.. or hold for pickup I guess at a courier.. anyone have any ideas?

JPaul

I picked up the Baofeng 2 pack to use for now, got a chance to use it today in NOAA mode since we had Tornados near us today [about a few miles north of us between Georgetown and Jarrel].

Going to see if u-haul will rent a trailer to us tomorrow in the soft top H1. Technically speaking it shouldn't be an issue but they banned soft top jeeps from towing which turned into "soft top SUV's" but technically speaking my H1 is a class III truck so... if we get the tiny trailer great, if not we'll be convoying up in 2 vehicles instead of just the H1.

Is there an address we can use for parts shipment? I know Neo is out in Oregon now.. I'm thinking if I can't find a few spare parts before I leave on Thursday I'll get them drop shipped somewhere in Moab if there's anyone there.. or hold for pickup I guess at a courier.. anyone have any ideas?

If they would get here by EOD Friday I can bring them down (I'm just up in northern Utah and will be leaving home Saturday morning). Otherwise I'm sure you could have them delivered to one of the condos.

Kurt

What do you need Kurt? I am 60 miles North of you.

A HVAC blower motor, got A/C but the blower died. Tested vacuum, both relays, etc, everything works and has juice but after bench testing the blower, it's toast.

I got 2 on the way for tomorrow at noon so hopefully we're on the road in the afternoon and in Lubblock tomorrow night.

Kurt

In town now. Over in the Spanish Valley condos towards the south boundary in F4.

going to head to the hardware store Monday morning at opening 7:30 to get some thread compound for my new ctis lines.

this trip I have my retiree parents along for their first time off roading so with that in mind I’m leaning towards easier or short runs for most of my week. They’ll take a day off from the trails which will free me up for something more difficult.

eg. Easy trails to me being potash/Schaffer trail, the Klondike/back way into arches , fins and things and I think they would be ok on hells revenge.