• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Joint CA, AZ & NV Trail Run 11/3/12 - Sleeping Princess

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
7:30 sound good?

Craig usually carries a spare

I have a handheld CB spare also, although Craig’s has an external antenna, so the range would be better.

I'm getting enough work done that I'm starting to get optimistic. I hope to meet you guys at 7:30 for breakfast.

Tomorrow, I have to have the T washed and waxed (wouldn't want to confuse the Sleeping Princess dirt with the LCC dirt), fill the CO2 tank and get the CB antenna tuned. Anybody got a meter they could bring along?

Now I have a new problem. My wife has been sick and I finally got her to go to the Doctor. She has a nasty infection and the Doctor told her to take the rest of the week off work. I might not be going is she isn't better by Thursday night or Friday morning. It is always something!
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Mike, I hope it works out so you can go. After all you did plan this run. Great job with it. Looks like a great turn out. Hope your wife is better.
 

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
Thanks Zach. I think I'm good go. My boss already said I can take Friday off and my wife says she is OK. Unless she is much worse tomorrow I'll be there.

Bigunit you got you're 35"s on yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,529
Location
Central Texas
I have a room and am 85% likely to be there. Probably come in late Friday. Someone may have to pound on my door in the AM to get me up though. :)
 

Sircode13

Well-Known Member
Messages
547
Location
Laguna Hills
Well all set and leaving sometime tomorrow morning. Depends on when everyone else wakes up. I have too get the Hummer out of its new storage room at 7AM. No more rotted tires from being left out in the elements. I might even get the sun damage to the paint fixed some day now too, naaah then I'd have to get the forest pin stripping redone lol. I won't be able to do the pre-run though, I have to head over to Front-Sight and drop off paperwork so I can get my 3 FMK C1 2nd Gen 9mm's started and shipped. Also might do a little shopping in the pro-shop. What time has everyone decided to leave on Saturday morning? I'll be coming from South Las Vegas and could meet everybody at the Tropicana in Laughlin or at the intersection of the two roads (forgot the names now.) :rolleyes::):beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Get your 35's on yet??????? :hmm:

Thanks Zach. I think I'm good go. My boss already said I can take Friday off and my wife says she is OK. Unless she is much worse tomorrow I'll be there.

Bigunit you got you're 35"s on yet?

Mike, I hope your wife is doing better.


As far as getting the 35's on the T, I'm averaging about one lug nut per hour - It's a beotch trying to loosen them by hand - so far I've got 2 of the 4 tires on.:sigh: It's going to be close but I still have hopes that I'll be able to make it. :shifty:
 

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
Mike, I hope your wife is doing better.


As far as getting the 35's on the T, I'm averaging about one lug nut per hour - It's a beotch trying to loosen them by hand - so far I've got 2 of the 4 tires on.:sigh: It's going to be close but I still have hopes that I'll be able to make it. :shifty:

Thanks for the kind words.

As for the wheels, maybe if you skipped the beer between each lug nut? You need my cordless 1/2" impact wrench! Each lug nut is about 10 sec.

I hope you make it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
I have a room and am 85% likely to be there. Probably come in late Friday. Someone may have to pound on my door in the AM to get me up though. :)

Sorry you have to work and get a late start. You might want to check the traffic before you hit the road. Here are a couple of links http://www.sigalert.com/map.asp?region=Los+Angeles#lat=33.96197&lon=-116.84687&z=3 and http://www.traffic.com/Los-Angeles-Traffic/Los-Angeles-Traffic-Map.html that go out that far. If the I-15 is constipated you could take I-10 to HWY 62 and go through Yucca Valley and 29 Stumps. It adds 45 minutes without traffic but it might be faster with traffic.

Well all set and leaving sometime tomorrow morning. Depends on when everyone else wakes up. I have too get the Hummer out of its new storage room at 7AM. No more rotted tires from being left out in the elements. I might even get the sun damage to the paint fixed some day now too, naaah then I'd have to get the forest pin stripping redone lol. I won't be able to do the pre-run though, I have to head over to Front-Sight and drop off paperwork so I can get my 3 FMK C1 2nd Gen 9mm's started and shipped. Also might do a little shopping in the pro-shop. What time has everyone decided to leave on Saturday morning? I'll be coming from South Las Vegas and could meet everybody at the Tropicana in Laughlin or at the intersection of the two roads (forgot the names now.) :rolleyes::):beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

7:15 AM at the new Tropicana in Laughlin. Tropicana Laughlin Hotel, 2121 South Casino Drive, Laughlin, NV. It is a big parking lot, 1,500 rooms. We'll try and pick a landmark and GPS coordinate once we get there.
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
As far as getting the 35's on the T, I'm averaging about one lug nut per hour - It's a beotch trying to loosen them by hand - so far I've got 2 of the 4 tires on.:sigh: It's going to be close but I still have hopes that I'll be able to make it. :shifty:


Guess it's a good thing you don't have a H1 or H2 Luis. 8 less lug nuts :wink:
 

Fish

Well-Known Member
Messages
871
Location
San Diego, CA
I was hoping for a last minute hail mary but looks like its not gonna happen for me :gaah: I was really looking forward to this one but I just have to much going on right now...maybe one day I'll make it back on the trails :sigh:
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,672
Location
Scottsdale
Bigunit sent me the following email:
Alex,

I'm trying to use Portager's suggestion of a 1/2" cordless impact to help remove the lug nuts on my T, but I can't figure out how this is going to help me do this any quicker. In fact, it is slowing down the process as I can't get the leverage that I need. Please look at the attached pictures and let me know what you think.

Sincerely,
Luis

P.S. I really don't mean all those bad things I say about the Red Sox. You and I both know they are a much better team than the Yankees but I put marital bliss before baseball, thus I am resigned to supporting the Yankees even though it breaks my heart to do so.

Here are the pics that he sent
i-vqTxKv6-L.jpg


i-q85TNFQ-L.jpg
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,672
Location
Scottsdale
Ive gotta back out last minute :sigh: A few things piled up but School is what killed it...

This blows
Chris, this sucks because there's a surprise on this trip that you would really like. Any chance you can reconsider?
 
Last edited:
Top