• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 High Clearance Leaf Spring Mounts

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Schwarttzy, Do you still have a set of the H3 high clearance leaf spring mounts, in bare metal? If so, I'd like to get a set.

Ya, I have bunch sitting in my garage right now. All the part I have basically sit in a box until they are paid for and then weld them together and powder coat if necessary.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
I completed the purchase on your website. Looking forward to getting these installed.
Thanks Eric.

Completely putting the money part of it aside, I just love seeing my parts getting bolted on. I'll never be in the league that companies like Genright, Clayton Off-Road, or AEV-Conversions have achieved, but it's cool to think that in some sense I'm among that group. Well, the pee-wees, but I don't care.

954paulo

Just order a set of shackles.. With all the gear in the back hopefully this will put me back to a forward lean lol

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Just order a set of shackles.. With all the gear in the back hopefully this will put me back to a forward lean lol

The shackles should definitely help out. Also my waiting on the laser cuter to cut some more for me, so it might be a little bit before I ship it. Tell me if you have any problems with that.

justin94tt

Just wondering why I haven't seen any reviews on this product after the redesign. It seems like a great product. I think it would do a lot better if there were some positive trail reviews on the forum. (Sorry if there are, I have not found them)

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Just wondering why I haven't seen any reviews on this product after the redesign. It seems like a great product. I think it would do a lot better if there were some positive trail reviews on the forum. (Sorry if there are, I have not found them)

I'm hoping to get someone to review it, I think it would be a big help too. If I gave you $10 bucks off the price, would you take some photos and review it for me?

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Some custom parts I picked up today.

H3-Hummer-Extend-Shackles-and-Leaf-Spring-Mount.jpg

digglesworth

So how do these interact with the 5100 rear shocks? I may do shackles at the same time but I may not too... I need to extend my brake line bracket to get some slack and pull some slack out of my abs wires before I increase articulation in the rear. I also wanna do a 1" body lift. But those dang low hanging shock mounts are really bothering me.

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
So Schwarttzy and I chatted on the phone on my way in to work this morning. I will say this, he stands behind the strength of his products, he is very approachable, and his customer service is top notch.
He has offered to take in trade this 1st gen set in exchange for his current design to review. I believe his plan is to take this first gen set I currently have, install them, and beat the tar out of them to prove my concerns on weld strength unfounded.

FYI for anyone considering purchasing these, As per our conversation this morning he told me the welding on current units is done by the same company who is laser cutting them.
In my video I made two mistakes, I apologize, it had been a very long work day. First was a measurement I called out between the shock mounts as 1" when it was 1.5", and second, The U bolts were going the wrong direction. Once rotated to the proper holes they are snug but will fit. With the current design in these the tab system helps the pieces lock together and square up before welding eliminating my concerns over non straight and non square parts.
With the welding being sourced out to a professional shop, that lessens my concerns in that department as well.
I will kick out a video once the replacements come in.