• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Korby7

Yesterday, I was able to finish the A-pillar snorkel similar to ones I've seen for FJs that replaces the A-pillar trim. I originally wanted to finish it in a textured black powder coat to better match the factory trim but being my first aluminum project, I felt there were too many imperfections that would show up, so I opted for Rhino-liner instead. A bit more texture than I'd like but I'm overall happy with the end result. I don't plan on scuba diving with it or anything, but I do some water fording and water marks confirmed I have come close to pulling water in the intake. A bit of peace of mind.
This1.JPG
This3.JPG
This2.JPG

RamRod

I have been experiencing issues with a drained battery because I have not been driving the H3T much these past 2 years.

Before was not such an issue because I had a battery maintainer plugged in and if that failed it was under warranty and I would just get it replaced. Now I have lost my parking space and cannot plug in the maintainer any more.

So I have come up with a new solution: 55 watts of hood mounted solar!

The panel came in today and with a stroke of luck it only requires trimming of about 3/16" off the bottom and it should fit as if it was meant to be there!

Here is a snap of the unit just sitting on the hood (the protective film is still on):

Solar.jpg

I am going to order the remaining parts now that I know this will work and I will post up the results!

H3Hummer

Yesterday, I was able to finish the A-pillar snorkel similar to ones I've seen for FJs that replaces the A-pillar trim. I originally wanted to finish it in a textured black powder coat to better match the factory trim but being my first aluminum project, I felt there were too many imperfections that would show up, so I opted for Rhino-liner instead. A bit more texture than I'd like but I'm overall happy with the end result. I don't plan on scuba diving with it or anything, but I do some water fording and water marks confirmed I have come close to pulling water in the intake. A bit of peace of mind.
View attachment 31358View attachment 31360View attachment 31359
Bad ass idea, my snorkel stops under that plastic cover, never took it up. That is a real good job done man 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I fixed it with a metal clamp and just cut a little out under the right plastic cover to let the air get better in. Well never was that deep under water till now ;)

Attachments

• snorkel.1.jpg
    snorkel.1.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 80
  • snorkel.2.jpg
    snorkel.2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 84
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 87

KustomTek

I would be interested in the fobs and the headlight adaptor bracket!!
We can keep in touch about this if you'd like. The fob is dialed in pretty well. I've printed it a few times. The headlight and fog light brackets I'm working on. I haven't printed them yet, but the cad model is pretty far along. My plan is to get the new lights on my truck this winter. I have some other H3/H3T stuff fun stuff I'm working on too.

aspen

We can keep in touch about this if you'd like. The fob is dialed in pretty well. I've printed it a few times. The headlight and fog light brackets I'm working on. I haven't printed them yet, but the cad model is pretty far along. My plan is to get the new lights on my truck this winter. I have some other H3/H3T stuff fun stuff I'm working on too.
i am also looking for 4 inch fog light brackets for led conversion if you take on that project

KustomTek

i am also looking for 4 inch fog light brackets for led conversion if you take on that project
Yep, I've purchased the 7 inch led head lights and 4 inch led fog lights to use for development of the adapters for my truck. When I print some, I'll share a few photos. I was trying to find a good 5 inch led fog light, since it would fit. No luck with the 5 inch though.

USMC_315

Do different years and types of diffs need different differential fluids? I'm going from stock non-locking diffs to factory E-lockers (front and rear) that I picked up from Rascole. Don't recall the year of his H3, but I'll check if I have it later today unless he's able to chime in here before I get back with it

rascole

Do different years and types of diffs need different differential fluids? I'm going from stock non-locking diffs to factory E-lockers (front and rear) that I picked up from Rascole. Don't recall the year of his H3, but I'll check if I have it later today unless he's able to chime in here before I get back with it
Same fluid. I always used 75-90 synthetic.

Gent

Hey, what are you using for dual battery management with that system? I’m going to pop one into mine.

RamRod

Yep, I've purchased the 7 inch led head lights and 4 inch led fog lights to use for development of the adapters for my truck. When I print some, I'll share a few photos. I was trying to find a good 5 inch led fog light, since it would fit. No luck with the 5 inch though.
Don't some motorcycles use 5" headlights?

KustomTek

Don't some motorcycles use 5" headlights?
I should have said I haven't had luck finding 5 inch that I wanted to use. You can find some on Amazon. I found that the 4 inch fog lights that are paired with 7 inch Jeep headlights are generally nicer, might offer halos and/or drl function, and might already have weatherproof connectors.

EndeavoredH3

Noticed some moisture underneath my floor mats and some mild mold. Come to find out the carpet was soaked underneath on the passenger side.

First time sunroof drains have clogged, not very excited to pull the carpet to dry it out. Been doing some dusty trail lately, paired with all the rain AZ has been seeing must’ve been the perfect scenario for them to clog. Oh well.

RamRod

After searching for a cheap, decent door for a year. Finally got a door to chop into a half door.
Awesome, how do you plan on cutting the door?

I always thought it would be nice to retain the factory side mirror/mount as this would also hide the hinges up front

EndeavoredH3

Planning on this cut. I want to keep the outer frame + Mirror + Exterior door handle. The area that will be removed is above the tape line. It’ll be that or less.

I’ll be picking up a beat up door card as well to cut so it’s a complete trail door. It’ll retain window controls, mirror adj, and door locks. As a bonus, a monsoon speaker
B051D860-25F0-41F3-B34B-6298D609FCB6.jpeg

RamRod

Good luck! I am interested in seeing how it turns out!

The area marked out is basically what I had in mind as well, except I was wanting to see if I could use the H1 style door handles and re-locate it just a little lower than the stock position so that the flat part could extend further back for more elbow room

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Ramrod,

That's more or less what I did. I haven't added a paddle style exterior handle yet, but that is in the plan. I found out the hardway that you need to keep the harness and switches plugged in, otherwise the other windows and locks don't work haha

Attachments

• 20220313_124816.jpg
    20220313_124816.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 106
  • Photo Apr 20, 11 42 50.jpg
    Photo Apr 20, 11 42 50.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 99

HUMMR-H3T

updated the factory OEM Wheels to a set of Moto Metal MO970 16X9 took my Coopers (white lettering to toe outside

Attachments

• 20230204_161324.jpg
    20230204_161324.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 76
  • 20230204_161237.jpg
    20230204_161237.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 77